Sorry To Perecher And Pointed

BITEME

Just to let you know i will post the BOQ pics and report sometime today I spent the day at Oakville hospital yesterday apparently I tried to pass a Kidney stone yesterday this happened at o700 yesterday and i'm just waking up and at work now

PLEASE STANDBY EXPERANCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES

PETER

ya man, kidney stones suck. I have had surgery twice to remove them. First set was 1 weighing in at just over an inch in diameter with a 1/4 inch kicker and the second time was for a set of triplets at 1/2 inch each. Kinda weird that they didn't show up until I was 27 and then got the second set within 2 years of the first surgery.

My doctor and I figured out what the probable cause was of mine, iced tea and other assorted tea's... very high in oxylates, very bad for production of kidney stones. Goto www.kidney.org and look at the dietary stuff for kidney stones. You will really be doing yourself a favour if you keep some of the restricted foods in mind when shopping for groceries.

For someone who has been there a few times, kidney stones suck.

Corey

My doctor and I figured out what the probable cause was of mine, iced tea and other assorted tea's... very high in oxylates, very bad for production of kidney stones. Goto www.kidney.org and look at the dietary stuff for kidney stones. You will really be doing yourself a favour if you keep some of the restricted foods in mind when shopping for groceries.

Corey

This is not good news.....I have just recently started drinking more tea in place of other "bad" drinks.......guess I will just have to take up drinking beer!

Pete, hope you are feeling spiffy again soon!!

bly

Hey... sorry to hijack the thread, but ChrisS... you went to the lithotriptor? Which city did you have it done at? And how was it? My first stone removal was a tube in through the back into the kidney and a dentist drill to bust em apart, 10 day hospital stay, the second was laser up the you-know-what, out of the hospital same day, but had a stent in there for a week after. Only one I haven't had is shockwave...

The good news is that if you drink the 8 glasses of water everyday you are less likly to get stones. Cranberry juice and lemonaide are also on the yes yes list. The bad news is all dark cola's are high in ocxcilates and will make stones if you drink to many of them. Sadly I had to cut back from 6 to 1 a day. The funny thing is my brother drinks beer and I dont but he has never had a kidney stone could it be that beer helps flushout the kidneys and keeps them from producing stones?????

Art

Art...break the Pepsi back out...I asked my Doctor and friend exactly what you speak shortly after Lakair last year. He told me in his opinion dark pop had FAR less to do with stones than genetics. Maybe Joe's stones shatter when he runs those darn 5 miles every day. Maybe you should run along beside him...on foot...not the tractor for a change! LOL

The good news is that if you drink the 8 glasses of water everyday you are less likly to get stones. Cranberry juice and lemonaide are also on the yes yes list. The bad news is all dark cola's are high in ocxcilates and will make stones if you drink to many of them. Sadly I had to cut back from 6 to 1 a day. The funny thing is my brother drinks beer and I dont but he has never had a kidney stone could it be that beer helps flushout the kidneys and keeps them from producing stones?????

Art

Cranberry is on the very NO NO list... it's as high in oxylate concentration as Tea is. Cola's and other dark pops should not be drank at all. Phosphoric Acid is the thing to be avoided in dark drinks such as cola's.

Beer is actually quite good for the kidney's, or should I say the barley is... Cranberry's are good for the urinary tract, but bad for creating stones.

I drink at least 2 litres of water daily, and usually another 2 litres of gatorade and then a few coffees on top of it all. Pee like crazy but (knock on wood) it's working, as far as I know.

To shoot off on yet another tangent, on my last CT we noticed I have a 1.5mm stone in my prostate, but apparently that's common and nothing to be concerned about. eeks.