underwater video

Terry

the video speaks for itself

and whitefish swimming around

feel free to comment on the video on youtube if you like it

oh one other thing..has this ever happened to you

have you ever drilled some extra holes just over from you hut just in case you want to fish outside your hut

then you fish in the dark hut

later you need to take a pee so you go out in the bright sun light squinting your eyes form the sun reflecting off the snow, barely able to see anything

you start to relieve yourself as your eyesight starts to come back only to see a man and woman fishing in your holes 4 ft away from where you are pe....ahhh....never mind....

Edited by Terry

Well that video tells the tale. But I already thought the sound attracted more than repelled them.

They look pretty calm to me, as I noted on your Youtube site :thumbsup_anim:

Sorry we didn't join ya today, slept in. Oh well, Tyler next weekend then off for a week of fishing after that. Can't wait Terry :thumbsup_anim:

I bet they will make a bit more noise the next time they fish beside a hut.They musta been pissed off !!!whistling.gif

or I will let my eyes adjust before wander out..

Well that video tells the tale. But I already thought the sound attracted more than repelled them.

They look pretty calm to me, as I noted on your Youtube site :thumbsup_anim:

Sorry we didn't join ya today, slept in. Oh well, Tyler next weekend then off for a week of fishing after that. Can't wait Terry :thumbsup_anim:

it was cold and nasty windy

there was snow from last night on the ice on the way there

but the high wind blew it all away for the trip back to IBP..

see you next weekend

someone was golden..LOL

I guess I should have shown the full 5 mins before I started the auger, there were no fish, then 4 or 5 fish went swimming by while I cut the hole and more the second I shut it off

I am pretty sure they weren't off camera sitting still waiting for the noise to stop

I believe they were just swimming along undisturbed by the noise and continued pass

and many people say,"well there goes the fishing for the nest half hour because someone has started up a gas auger...clearly fish were not scared out of the area for any length of time

Edited by Terry

Happened last year as well.. Terry and I were set up fishing and Terry was in his closed hut and I had mine open and fishing about 30 feet way.. I yelled over to Terry that he had company as some guys where chipping away to open an old hole less than 3 feet in front of Terry's door !

Before looking at the video, I would of said that the noise of drilling with a gas auger attracts fish.... I've seen it many a times where I would drop the bait down in a newly drilled hole and right away get a fish to hit :thumbsup_anim: sometimes it would be the one a few feet away :o

After viewing it.... well I still say it attracts them no question ask :D

Cool video Terry and thanks for sharing

Leechman

soooo,.... did u catch any fish right after u took that footage ?

well....that is a good question

after I drilled the hole I pulled the camera up put it down the other hole went inside the hut and seen I had left the camera running/recording, reset it found my lure on the camera and recorded a hit on my lure but missed the fish

but that took 7 or 8 minutes after I drilled the hole but within a few seconds of me jigging my lure after setting back up....had I know I recorded the auger drilling and noise I would have stated jigging right away to see what happens

Happened last year as well.. Terry and I were set up fishing and Terry was in his closed hut and I had mine open and fishing about 30 feet way.. I yelled over to Terry that he had company as some guys where chipping away to open an old hole less than 3 feet in front of Terry's door !

I remember that day..I was sitting sitting in my hut thinking MAN does noise ever travel far here, it almost sounds like they are right outside my door..who'da thunk it..they were,,,LOL

I've always believed it didn't matter. Even in shallow water I've found if things get slow, pop a couple more holes and the fish seem to move back in. They maybe spooked initially when fishing shallow but by the time you get set up they are back to see what the noise is all about. Great video Terry.

you bet. could be different results........I will find an open hole and do the same in shallow water and see what perch do when I fish perch again

but I have had many tell me it scares them in 60/80ft too and that is why they always use a manual auger and wished everyone else would be considerate and do the same

you bet. could be different results........I will find an open hole and do the same in shallow water and see what perch do when I fish perch again

but I have had many tell me it scares them in 60/80ft too and that is why they always use a manual auger and wished everyone else would be considerate and do the same

I'm looking forward to seeing the results of the shallow water results. I've over heard (sound travels well out on the lake) guys complain about me and my power auger. They got very quite when I iced my whitie a couple of jigs later...

Was good to see you out today. we fished till 2 and then packed it in. fishing never really shut off for long. we finished 7 for 15. hardest thing was leaving with lots of fish still coming up on the screen. Oh well I hope they will be waiting sat for me. It was nice to be on the same holes that I was on yesterday for me. It was funny to see so little people out today. Thats a kool video Terry. only thing that scares fish away if when they know Terry is hunting them :whistling::whistling: lol