whoa-Maple Leafs may have a shot

darsky

You betcha!! That is part of what being a true fan is all about. I'll knock them as much as the other guy when they deserve it, but, always have been and always will be a Leafs fan. Can't stand bandwagon jumpers, or, when people switch "their" teams, just because they are winning.

Will they make the playoffs, still a long shot, but as long as they continue to improve and move in the right direction things are looking up. :thumbsup_anim:

Exactly.

Even if they dont make it at least were out of the lottery, for now.. Perhaps we can trade Kabs to boston for our pick back!! if that happens bring on tank nation!! get back into the lottery. we get 2 first round draft pick then...hmmmm.. None the less the last 2 games have been nothing short of amazing.. Burke has this team heading in the right direction, Finally..

Burke has this team heading in the right direction, Finally..

I do like the stable of young defensemen they're accumulating.

Schenn, Phaneuf, Gunnarsonn, Aulie. Waiting in the wings Jake Gardiner, Matt Lashoff and Jesse Blacker.

Things are looking great in the back end.

Up front say what you want but Kessel is a game breaker and Grabovski has been a revelation. Man what a gritty little player!

Reimer looks great if he can keep it up..

It's not all doom and gloom.

I love leaf fans, always optimistic about how their team is going do the beginning of the season, with the media hype of the "star" players they

have acquired over the summer. I have quite a few die-hard leaf fan's for friends, and every September for the last 4 years we make bets if the

Leafs are going to make the playoffs or not. Come April I have enough 60oz'rs to last me half a year. thumbsup_anim.gif

GO FLAMES!!!!!

I love leaf fans, always optimistic about how their team is going do the beginning of the season, with the media hype of the "star" players they

have acquired over the summer. I have quite a few die-hard leaf fan's for friends, and every September for the last 4 years we make bets if the

Leafs are going to make the playoffs or not. Come April I have enough 60oz'rs to last me half a year. thumbsup_anim.gif

GO FLAMES!!!!!

I agree go Flames.

Please make another trade with the Leafs.

Maybe the two best trades this franchise has ever made brought Dougie to town and last year Phaneuf and Aulie for bunch of useless spare parts. :)

I agree go Flames.

Please make another trade with the Leafs.

Maybe the two best trades this franchise has ever made brought Dougie to town and last year Phaneuf and Aulie for bunch of useless spare parts. :)

Right, because he's playing like a 6.5 million dollar defenseman shouldwhistling.gif

this year's number's

Phaneuf - 2 G 13 A -8

Sjostrom - 2 G 3 A -5

Aulie - 0 G 0 A -5

Stajan - 5 G 22 A +7

Hagman - 9 G 15A -1

Babchuk - 5 G 15 A +9

Kostopolous - 4 G 2 A +6

Everyone is talking about how Calgary lost the trade but I don't see it. Sure, Stajan at 3.5 mil looks pretty bad and Hagman has been inconsistent at times, but IMO Phaneuf hasn't been that much better than Babchuk, who is 1/5th the price. We got rid of a $6.5 million overhyped primadonna of a defenseman with a huge ego, who is already been trashed by the Toronto fans 1 year later.

Edited by stubbex

Right, because he's playing like a 6.5 million dollar defenseman shouldwhistling.gif

this year's number's

Phaneuf - 2 G 13 A -8

Sjostrom - 2 G 3 A -5

Aulie - 0 G 0 A -5

Stajan - 5 G 22 A +7

Hagman - 9 G 15A -1

Babchuk - 5 G 15 A +9

Kostopolous - 4 G 2 A +6

Everyone is talking about how Calgary lost the trade but I don't see it. Sure, Stajan at 3.5 mil looks pretty bad and Hagman has been inconsistent at times, but IMO Phaneuf hasn't been that much better than Babchuk, who is 1/5th the price. We got rid of a $6.5 million overhyped primadonna of a defenseman with a huge ego, who is already been trashed by the Toronto fans 1 year later.

Buddy any sane gm would make that trade the leafs did 10 times over and twice on Sunday. :)

He's been playing pretty steady lately, flashes of the Phaneuf of old.

Like Sam Pollack said, whoever gets the best player wins the trade.

The Leafs did by a landslide.

And the best player in that trade may very well turn out to be Aulie.:)

Edited by solopaddler

Buddy any sane gm would make that trade the leafs did 10 times over and twice on Sunday. :)

He's been playing pretty steady lately, flashes of the Phaneuf of old.

Like Sam Pollack said, whoever gets the best player wins the trade.

The Leafs did by a landslide.

And the best player in that trade may very well turn out to be Aulie.:)

lets agree to disagree on this one thensmile.gif, regardless.... those 60's are gonna taste real goodcool.gif if not, i'll enjoy Phaneuf rockin and sockin in the playoffs, cause he's gonna have to play like that to get in them smile.gif

I have good hopes for the leafs in the stretch.

Any team that finds it's stride will play well, doesn't matter which players or gm or coach they have. Look at the pens without Crosby, Malkin, letestu and others...they are still playing well.

Washington with tons of great players...not playing so good.

It's all about momentum and confidence.

Remember the Oilers in 2006 playoffs?

Canadians last year in the playoffs?

Calgary this year?

Confidence baby!

Kaberle has been dealt to the Bruins for prospect Joe Colborne (He was a 1st rnder) the Bruins' first round pick in 2011 and a conditional draft pick. It's not the pick the leafs gave up for Kessel, it's the Bruins pick but still they got a couple of 1st rounders and 2nd rounders now.

I'll miss Kaberle though, he was definitely a dedicated Leaf in and out. Maybe he'll get resigned in the offseason.

Kaberle has been dealt to the Bruins for prospect Joe Colborne (He was a 1st rnder) the Bruins' first round pick in 2011 and a conditional draft pick. It's not the pick the leafs gave up for Kessel, it's the Bruins pick but still they got a couple of 1st rounders and 2nd rounders now.

I'll miss Kaberle though, he was definitely a dedicated Leaf in and out. Maybe he'll get resigned in the offseason.

Its a sad day in leaf land..Kabs will be missed..Had to be done thou. Good move Burkie!! Wonder what he has up his sleeve next? Im willing to bet that with over 7 mill in cap space and 2 first rounders there is a BIG deal comming soon..I dont think you will see the leafs resign Kabs in the off season.. thats considered drity work among the GM's.. Burkie would be hung out to dry in future moves as a gm if he did that to Boston..

Its a sad day in leaf land..Kabs will be missed..Had to be done thou. Good move Burkie!! Wonder what he has up his sleeve next? Im willing to bet that with over 7 mill in cap space and 2 first rounders there is a BIG deal comming soon..I dont think you will see the leafs resign Kabs in the off season.. thats considered drity work among the GM's.. Burkie would be hung out to dry in future moves as a gm if he did that to Boston..

That's true but Boston would have to make a decision how big of a contract they can offer Kabs. He's not getting any younger and will probably still demand over 4mil/season.