GBay fish.. Feb 11 2011

irishfield

When I loaded my sled into the trailer last Friday...this wasn't exactly where I expected to unload it to go fishing.. but when push comes to shove the laneway at home will do just fine. I'd scouted out a spot a couple days ago to access the lake and a plan was put together. Terry and GBFisher would be at my house for 7:30 am.. now to wake up that early! LOL

Waiting for them to arrive and load Andy's gear.

gbayfish1.jpg

2 KM road run and out onto the lake. We hit the lake running from the access... as we'd received 11" of fresh snow yesterday and I could see the sag in the ice knowing it would be slush.. and it was.. pinned to the handlebar and Andy holdin on for dear life... Terry right behind me.

We continued pegged to the bar for quite some time.. I thought we were in slush the whole way since we had no speed, but couldn't figure out why Terry was following right behind. Turned out it was just 2++ feet of deep snow with minimal slush in the bottom and I was making Terry a path, but it was taking EVERYTHING my 500 had to keep moving forward.

We continued to stay pegged to the bar for quite some time... and when we finally hit some hard pack I stopped and said we're fishing here!

It worked.. Terry got first blood!

gbayfish2.jpg

I had a hard hit and miss and then Andy set the hook in his hole (we was sharin a hut). Nice pickeral.. but in the darn slot. Sad to send them packing DOA..

gbayfish6.jpg

Me up next.. slam... nice little Herring.. swallowed the hook hard and I kept him for supper.

gbayfish3.jpg

And from the same spot.. Andy says.. that doesn't feel like a pickeral.. feels like a Whitefish.. man this guy fishes toooo often!!

gbayfish5.jpg

.. and my Team 3 entry for the day... a nice keeper 23.5" Pickeraleye.. DOA anyhow.

gbayfish4.jpg

What a beautiful day to get out on Georgian Bay.. it's in my own back yard and I rarely get there anymore. 4 species.. from one spot! Cant' beat that or the company I had today! Thanks guys!

Great report and pics Guys :thumbsup_anim:

Sounds like fun B) Not a bad looking walleye Wayne for a first eh :whistling:

Congrats on the beauty :clapping:

I went out to a local to me lake this afternoon (15 minutes ride by car) thinking I would wet hardware and to my disbelief..... was walking into a foot of snow, thin layer of ice on top, 6" of water on top of 14" of ice :w00t: I doubled back home in no time :wallbash: not worth it :wallbash:

Tomorrow is a whole different ball game.... targeting familiar grounds :)

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

Had the Herring for lunch today.. I just filleted it like any other fish.. coated it with TJ's secret coating and threw them in hot oil. Not sure why anyone turns their nose up at these or pickles them.... tasted like most any other fish. Wish I'd caught a few more....

Edited by irishfield