Lake Simcoe- Big Bay Point.....

ckrb2007

After a tough couple days at work Randy an I were stoked to get out this morning to try our luck on the "Lady". Randy met me at my house and we loaded up and headed to BBP. We launched off of the end of BBP Rd at around 7:45am and set up at our first spot at around 8:10am. Travel via ATV was ok......deep snow and many slush beds slowed us down but never really caused any problems. We marked fish all day and had lots of chasers during the day but never really found any fish that were willing to commit. We probably moved 6 times during the day. Randy lost one laker at the hole.......his swivel bent apart!! Arrghh. I think we lost 2 or 3 others on the way up and we were getting a little discouraged. We made one final move later in the day which turned our to be a good one for me as I landed my PB laker within about 15 mins of setting up. Randy got the assist on it by doing a text-book landing. The laker went 19.3lbs on my scale. Although it didn't have the length, the girth made up for it. It was a real porker.

......and of course it was safely released to swim and spawn for many more years to come.

...and the battle begins.

p1020983g.jpg

...the porker.

p1020986t.jpg

I took this one for Todd so he could see I wasn't telling stories! LOL

p1020988n.jpg

I'll be out tomorrow looking for more!

Colin

Edited by ckrb2007

Nice fish!!

Was she clipped?! Looks like a wild fish..

We'll be in that area tomorrow. I'd love to catch one like that!!

cheers

HD

It was a clipped fish...I'm just doing some research as we speak to try to figure out when it was stocked.