My Birthday Party

Rich

Spent my 25th birthday on the ice today, chasing down all we could catch.. but I have not landed a pike through the ice this year so I was really hoping for a decent one for my Bday.. well I wasn't disappointed.

I'm not really in the mood to type a detailed report, so I'll just say - what a great day. Thanks to Rob, Eric and Carina for sharing the ice with me and keeping the good times flowin'!

My ONLY complaint today is - there was a guy sittin' alone all day running SIX lines to himself, some ice rods, a regular rod and 2 pop bottles wrapped with line. We called the MNR TWICE in a 6 hour period. Guy caught one pike, moved around with all his lines all over the place and got in his car and left, after the MNR never showed up. We stayed right til dark. Nothing. Shows how well that Tips line works :wallbash: Should have told them that the guy had an OOS trout on the ice cuz that's all they'll come for around here is trout poaching! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Oh well that guy won't be so lucky forever. Let's hope he goes trout fishing so the CO's can bust him.

Anywho, time for pics!

DSCF1697.jpg

DSCF1698.jpg

DSCF1699.jpg

DSCF1702.jpg

DSCF1703.jpg

DSCF1712.jpg

DSCF1710.jpg

DSCF1713.jpg

DSCF1714.jpg

DSCF1715.jpg

DSCF1718.jpg

DSCF1720.jpg

DSCF1704.jpg

DSCF1707.jpg

Happy birthday to ME! lol

Nice Pike!! :thumbsup_anim: Happy birthday!!!... :clapping:

This might sound stupid and may be something I should recognize.. but...What kind of fish does the guy in the white snowpants have in his mouth?... Frozen Walleye?

Randy

:canadian:

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

You should have taken pictures of the poacher, his 6 lines, his car w/ license plate...The CO could have hand delivered a fine or summons!

To bad it's not that simple.

Unless the CO finds the offender committing the offense no charges will be laid. A third party photo would be very hard to get admitted as evidence.

To bad it's not that simple.

Unless the CO finds the offender committing the offense no charges will be laid. A third party photo would be very hard to get admitted as evidence.

Correct Sir.

Looks like a great day had by all Rich. HAPPY BELATED.

the guy in the white snow pants (me) has a 12" herring in his mouth.....i had a great day out on the ice with you,eric and carina.im glad we could get her on some fish while she was there,what a great random little spot! most of all,im glad you got your bday gator! looking forward to the next time we get out,as always!

and i would have to call complete crap on the mnr tip line,atleast for the area and species we were fishing!!!! called twice,gave 2 reports and kept the dispatcher updated as requested.even left my cell number in case they had issues finding us and didnt even get a call back or a visit! like rich said,maybe we should call and report a trout or 2 being caught and kept o.o.s..i bet they would be there in minutes!

its no wonder why you hear more and more about fights and people taking matters in to there own hands.if the people we pay our annual fees and donations to wont come out,then how do we protect our waters??

Edited by bottombouncer