Wow, video of Semi going through median in Guelph

Joey

wow that is scary close- right through and over the barriers. lucky there was no one to their right, they JUST missed that. Talk about needing Depends

I saw another bad one this morning at the 403 and rest acres road -cab of the unit was ripped right off the frame and the tow truck was recovering when I went by.

" yes, holy " ! That was close for the guy shooting the video.

And as the report says :

The highway (400) is closed between 8th and 9th Lines until further notice.

I think its Highway 11 not 400 that's closed!

:o i had one spinout infront of me on the QEW last week it sure left me with chills and i was able to safely brake from a distance back, the thing that made me a little more nervous was the semi coming behind me that didn't look like he was going to be able to slow down

Thats unreal..Kens towing is out of Brantford. wonder where that pic was taken? That just scares the you know what out of me....Also what are th eodds of that couple video taping while driving at that moment...woah

This kind of thing IS so scary Joey... I see a lot of it on the northern roads.. sends chill's thro me every time.. I've got pic's of one of my bud's loosing his trailer this week too.. I'll upload them if I can fiqure out how.. lol He's alright, no one around when his trailer decided to wip out to the side and end up in a ditch.

I Have the pic's on FB, so I'll post that and you can see the pic's there.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=610386&id=658470382&l=16060f5daf

Edited by LadyWalleye

wow that is scary close- right through and over the barriers. lucky there was no one to their right, they JUST missed that. Talk about needing Depends

I saw another bad one this morning at the 403 and rest acres road -cab of the unit was ripped right off the frame and the tow truck was recovering when I went by.

I dunno man, that would get rid of my semi, in a heart beat!!!!

Don't think I'd need to go to the bathroom for a month if I say that coming at me. Geeeez. :w00t:

Doesn't work that way. You're too busy reacting to be scared. I witnessed exactly the same thing not far from there on the 401 17 years ago. That truck crushed my van. Mine was the first of 11 vehicles to be hit. I was so high on adenalin I felt nothing. I had 4 18 year kids with me.

JF

I'm really glad I was running a bit early (15 mins ) on friday! I was pulling into the Guelph service center when it happened, fueled up and hit the hwy again, all I heard on the CB as I was pulling back onto the hwy was Holy Crap!, can't believe that!, did you see that!, etc.....What happened I asked? Big truck just came through the wall past the 312 exit! took me 15 mins to pull off, fuel both sides and pull back on, so if I was 15 mins slower I hope I would have still missed it! but not by much....

That stretch down the hill was super icy that morning. I came out of Mississauga with an empty trailer and was breaking traction all the way up the escarpment, Started at 101 kmph(what my truck is limited at, at hit the top of the hill at around 65kmph. Every time I put power to the pedal the wheels would start to break free.... not a salt truck in sight!