Another big walleye.

limeyangler

Hi all,

went to my favourite walleye lake withinn 15 sled ride. Was setting up my outside line, shack not even set up yet....wham...big girl comes rocketing off the bottom in 30' FOW to intercept my falling jig at 20'FOW....holy schmoly...i'd only been there 5 minutes and bagged me a 27"!!!!

Unfortunately her swim bladder was in her throat and an eyeball froze almost as soon as i got her out...so what i would normally never keep was a supper fish after all :( Tasted freekin' great though and with the 17" i got too i've got lunch for me and my coworkers tomorrow too.

Missed a bunch of bites, some i managed to get half way up before they managed to eject the hook....dunno how they do that.

Anyway with supper sorted in the first 5 minutes i fished hard trying to catch some of the whitefish that are all over the screen all day long...i could get them to chase but none would do the right thing and commit to the tasty morsels i though i so deftly dangled before them....CURSE YOU FUSSY WHITEFISH...I SHALL REEP MY REVENGE!(heading to Shaol Lake for a whitefish session on Sunday)

I tried every trick in the box....washed a lot of lures :D

Good afternoon on the ice....not too cold.....and the action was good even if the fish count was lacking. Even the walleye were hyper fussy today....loads of fish coming in to lookkk...like a fish a cast...just had to get the right jiggy wiggy action to tease 'em to bite.

TODAYS VID

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfrNd3506Yg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfrNd3506Yg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfrNd3506Yg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nice!

P1160095.jpg

Well done Simon.

Thanks Nip...i'm doing good at the moment.

that's a beautiful walleye especially when it only takes a few minutes to catch....The hardest fish to catch is the first one.

Whitefish called...they don't want your lures. hehehe...maybe next time

Yeah....it was good to get supper sorted so i could focus on the whitefish....to no avail...however it was good practice for next Sunday...Shoal Lake is usually a great days whitefish action.

clapping.gif WTG Simon !!! Nice Eye.

Nice 'eye you say........

WANNA SWAP FOR ONE OF THESE?

AttachmentImage.jpg

Nice hawgeye!!! I bet it was delicious :D

Twas a feast for kings JB...lipsmackin good :thumbsup_anim: