If you think driving in Toronto is bad.......

DRIFTER_016

I saw that...it was crazy....almost as crazy as Swamp People

They have some good shows on this time of the yearclapping.gif Cant wait for dedliest catch.Sig and the brothers arent coming back this season, but the Cornelia marie is back with Phils 2 sons.

India = no rules. Actually only rule is that biggest vehicle always has the right of way. If you get a chance, check out their transport trucks without the cab. Yep. Decorated with frilly things too. I will try and find a pic.

http://www.shiotsu-used-car.com/blogpics/indian-truck-decoration.jpg

Egypt, not too many rules either. Lots of hand gestures and being cut off. Not a place you want a new or nice car.

Man I have driven in some pretty crazy places over the years.

Edited by Cudz

Interesting you mentioned Egypt Cudz.

I have an Egyptian friend who has been in Canada for about 2 years now.

He told me they put little value on a human life there.

Here's what he told me about traffic laws in Egypt:

It's the pedestrians responsibility to make sure the road is clear before crossing.

Not the driver's responsibility to watch for pedestrians. They have enough going on.

If you hit someone with your car, it's best to kill them, rather than injure.

- Fine for killing a pedestrian with your vehicle is approx. $3. Canadian.

- Fine for seriously injuring a pedestrian (permanently crippled ) with your vehicle is approx. $3. Canadian + an extra dollar or two. Might have to cough up a chicken or goat as well.

- Fine for less serious injuries to a pedestrian is $0.00 (cuts, brusies, broken bones, etc.)

It's their own fault for not paying attention.

Reason the fine is higher if they survive and can't work due to injuries, the family has extra expenses to look after them.

Interesting you mentioned Egypt Cudz.

I have an Egyptian friend who has been in Canada for about 2 years now.

He told me they put little value on a human life there.

Here's what he told me about traffic laws in Egypt:

It's the pedestrians responsibility to make sure the road is clear before crossing.

Not the driver's responsibility to watch for pedestrians. They have enough going on.

If you hit someone with your car, it's best to kill them, rather than injure.

- Fine for killing a pedestrian with your vehicle is approx. $3. Canadian.

- Fine for seriously injuring a pedestrian (permanently crippled ) with your vehicle is approx. $3. Canadian + an extra dollar or two. Might have to cough up a chicken or goat as well.

- Fine for less serious injuries to a pedestrian is $0.00 (cuts, brusies, broken bones, etc.)

It's their own fault for not paying attention.

Reason the fine is higher if they survive and can't work due to injuries, the family has extra expenses to look after them.

I believe the same rules apply to the NJ/Philly, Pa area....they will force you into a concrete wall rather than let allow you on or off a expressway ramp.

Find all these type programs interesting, but having difficulty figuring out whether to admire or pity the people in "Alaska Gold Rush" (or is it Gold Rush Alaska?)

They spend $150,000 on gear, transport it from Oregon to Alaska, and although none of them know anything about mining, attempt to escape the recession by striking it rich on a leased gold claim.

Trip of a life time for sure, but if that amount of money was available, they could have escaped the recession doing something for which they had some knowledge (or smarts by the look of things)

I admire all of them except Jimmy Dorsey. Him i pity lol. Hes like a 2 year old kid when any adversity is presented to him. I'd last about half a day working with that dude before i stuck a pacifier in his yap.

As the only white collar worker among blue collars, he is out of his element. I'd be wary of the old guy myself...indiscriminantly digging holes all over for no reason, and smashing up his own truck in the process.

Further research reveals that none of the characters are broke or about to lose their homes etc. in real life so the whole program is Bull