Great things we have hidden in our garage

aplumma

The blue car Brad was looking for.. lots of memories inside those doors!!

bee1.jpg

1969 Dodge Superbee COUPE (the rear windows flip out.. not roll down), Ramcharger hood, 383 Magnum, 4 gear standard, 2:73:1 rear end, bench seat and all numbers matching except the rear axle. Father bought it new off the show room floor in 1969 and promptly ditched it at 140 mph bending the K frame/control arms. Parked "the deathtrap" for many years until I convinced him I could fix it and drive it better than he could.. when I was 16/17. Dropped a new K frame in it from a charger and proceeded to put 45,000 miles on it before I parked it when I got married in '82. In storage for about 7 years before I did a total restoration on it and started driving and showing it again (been at World of Wheels Oshawa with my Superbird). Car has been radar'd at 181 MPH on CTC Tornado tires!! For those that wonder what that looks like.. the speedo goes to 150 has a blank spot and we had the needle around the 15 mph mark on the other side. Telephone poles look like a picket fence....

So I guess with that speed its just a natural progression to wings eh

John anytime you want to come sit in a garage give me a holler while it ain't close I guarantee it will be worth the drive we have 4 garages 1 barn and 3 outbuildings to play in.

Art

I really appreciate the offer but the last time I did that I went home with a big Ninja. My wife would kill me if I ever did that again. The first time I brought a bike home unannounced she decided that instead of removing any of my male appendages she would do something even more punishing - get her bike license and make me share my Yamaha DT1b. Fortunately she refused to ride the Ninja. Just a tad too fast and top heavy feeling around town for her.

But the next time I'm passing thru your area (provided I'm on the ground) I may just take you up on the offer, not so much to enjoy the toys but just to meet you. You sound like an good guy.

JF

It would be our pleasure to have you visit.Bring your Motorcycle license and we can take the bikes out. We recently thinned the herd down from 5 to 3.We restored A 97 Harley dyna glide, 1987 Yamaha virago and a 1987 Maxim Bobber we built out. A Mint 650KZ and a 750KZ twin were sent on to new homes so they would be ridden enough to keep them alive.

Art

It would be our pleasure to have you visit.Bring your Motorcycle license and we can take the bikes out. We recently thinned the herd down from 5 to 3.We restored A 97 Harley dyna glide, 1987 Yamaha virago and a 1987 Maxim Bobber we built out. A Mint 650KZ and a 750KZ twin were sent on to new homes so they would be ridden enough to keep them alive.

Art

Be careful what you offer. The bike license is always with me.

JF

How about, not necessarily my garage, but my bro's? That count?

Hey's been a Harley nut long as I can remember. Back when he was in his early 30's he won best paint job for his sporter 2 years in a row (lives in the UK); anyway, about 3 years ago he developed meniers disease - which is an incurable disease that affects the inner ear and will result in sudden and severe spells of dizziness and nausea -not a great situation for some one who loves ot ride on 2 wheels, so to make sure he could still enjoy his passion, he put together a little custom job using his Ultra Glide as the foundation the pics to follow are at about 90% completion - still has exhaust and a few chromes to add when these were taken

Picture003.jpg?t=1294578634

Picture001.jpg?t=1294578725

This year he has two projects on the go (he makes these and sells them)

one is a cafe racer. The frame is aftermarket made specifically to fit the engine, it is a 2006 sporster engine, the rest of the bike is custom Its based on the Triton, which was a triumph engine in a Norton featherbed frame, still to this day one of the best handling frames ever made. the frame is made out of aircraft tubing and can be picked up with one finger.

cafe3.jpg?t=1294578945

The other is a custom chop, orange county style:

chop2.jpg?t=1294579016

chop1.jpg?t=1294579062

When he's done fabricating, he sends them out to a high end custom paint shop. If they are sold before the painting process, obviously the buyer can make his choice of paint job.

not really in the garage but stored there in the winter!

isetta.jpg

Are those Messerschmidts or Isettas? Have I even got the names right. I used to know a guy in London who had some. I think they were the Messerschmidts that I believe are pictured here.

JF

you are correct John..first 2 are messerschmitts and the red one is a BMW Isetta. the blue one is quite rare.only 1 in Canada right now as it has 4 wheels as opposed to the usual 3 that so many 'schmitts have..

I recognized the Isetta after I posted. This guy in London had a few of them stuck up on a shelf (literally) overlooking his racing shop. He was big into Formula 4 racing when it was popular. Little bitty bike engines in steroided gocarts.

JF

The blue car Brad was looking for.. lots of memories inside those doors!!

bee1.jpg

1969 Dodge Superbee COUPE (the rear windows flip out.. not roll down), Ramcharger hood, 383 Magnum, 4 gear standard, 2:73:1 rear end, bench seat and all numbers matching except the rear axle. Father bought it new off the show room floor in 1969 and promptly ditched it at 140 mph bending the K frame/control arms. Parked "the deathtrap" for many years until I convinced him I could fix it and drive it better than he could.. when I was 16/17. Dropped a new K frame in it from a charger and proceeded to put 45,000 miles on it before I parked it when I got married in '82. In storage for about 7 years before I did a total restoration on it and started driving and showing it again (been at World of Wheels Oshawa with my Superbird). Car has been radar'd at 181 MPH on CTC Tornado tires!! For those that wonder what that looks like.. the speedo goes to 150 has a blank spot and we had the needle around the 15 mph mark on the other side. Telephone poles look like a picket fence....

Usually in the gararge but not for pictures. Wouldn't come close to your top end but the 4:10 read end will give ya heck on the strip

dart2.jpg

Is that three wheeler rear end his own fabrication or an aftermarket setup. Nice and clean looking.

The hard tail makes my tailbone hurt just looking at it. The closest I got to having one of those was when some of us went thru a silly season by putting short struts on our Triumphs to eliminate the shocks. Very stupid idea altogether. :rolleyes:

The Triton is classic. The cafe racer style is still my all time favourite but hardly dignified for an older gentleman like me. not that I wouldn't like to climb aboard one for a bit of fun. Dunno if the hips would go along though. Even when I rode the Ninja years ago in my 40's I spent a lot of time standing on the pegs to stretch the tendons out.

Nice stuff he has there. Shame to have his fun spoiled by a stupid body failure. Glad to see he can still have some fun though. Be a shame to waste all that skill he has.

JF

Is that three wheeler rear end his own fabrication or an aftermarket setup. Nice and clean looking.

The hard tail makes my tailbone hurt just looking at it. The closest I got to having one of those was when some of us went thru a silly season by putting short struts on our Triumphs to eliminate the shocks. Very stupid idea altogether. rolleyes.gif

The Triton is classic. The cafe racer style is still my all time favourite but hardly dignified for an older gentleman like me. not that I wouldn't like to climb aboard one for a bit of fun. Dunno if the hips would go along though. Even when I rode the Ninja years ago in my 40's I spent a lot of time standing on the pegs to stretch the tendons out.

Nice stuff he has there. Shame to have his fun spoiled by a stupid body failure. Glad to see he can still have some fun though. Be a shame to waste all that skill he has.

JF

Thanks John - he designs most of his projects himself, sometimes taking a little bit here and there from looking at a variety of aftermarket products and incorporates his likes from several designs then puts it all togehter. Sometimes we'll work together sourcing parts over here, as Harley's are pretty rare (compariativley) in the UK, and finding anything over there can be difficult and costly. The Trike rear end was one of those little bit of this, little bit of that. He has a few fellow bikers who help with the fabbing part, and does alot himself. Keeps him honest when the ears act up.

I hear you on the cafe racer - great handling and turning set up, but man it takes a while to get used to -and if you're over 6ft, you look pretty funny when you stretch outwhistling.gif