FINALLY ON THE ICE

asdve23rveavwa

All the ice reports the last couple of weeks have had me going "squirrely" to get out. Missed out on a trip couple of weeks ago with the flu, but, finally made it out with Juli and the boys for some perchin'.

Many, I mean, MANY dinks, but, did keep seven decent ones for a meal. We lost count, but, over 300 total (that was pulling the hook away from many of the smaller ones) which made the 11 and 12 year old boys, more than happy. They also saw a decent pike swim under the holes, which really got them pumped.

Anyways, a few pics of the "fun day on the bay!"

IMG_7159.jpg

IMG_7134.jpg

DSCN0526-1.jpg

DSCN0525-1.jpg

Didn't even take any shots of our "keepers", oh, well...next time.

Can't wait to get out with my own hut for some slightly bigger game!!

Nice going Frankie!

I just saw your post,looks like everyone was having fun eh

Were you guys out of old cut or St williams?

We were out of St. Willy's...haven't tried Old Cut yet for ice fishing, but, we might for our next trip out. Seems like more chances at bigger fish out of there.

Nice Job, I didn't think any operators had huts out yet. I was touring around with the oldest on the atv and stopped at old cut and there were quite a few people out.

Grangers put their huts out two days ago, but, are bringing them all back in until at least Monday. Quite a bit of work for them, but, not often you can run ice huts on Erie before New Years.

looks like a great outing Frank - thumbsup_anim.gif Its great when the kids enjoy it that much. You know they willl always share your passion.

oh, umjust ya, know, because Juli has a history of catching the most and the biggest on any outing....... how many of the keepers did Juli catchwhistling.gif

looks like a great outing Frank - thumbsup_anim.gif Its great when the kids enjoy it that much. You know they willl always share your passion.

oh, umjust ya, know, because Juli has a history of catching the most and the biggest on any outing....... how many of the keepers did Juli catchwhistling.gif

Actually, Juli lost the biggest at the hole, but, I landed the biggest. Carl, the eldest boy, had the first 4 keepers...he had the magic touch for the bigger fish.

To all that replied on the boys smiles, etc...it was probably the most fun outing that we have had together, on the water. Everybody had a blast!!! Thinking of taking the boys to Simcoe for our next family outing.