Thanks Bass Pro Shops

motv8tr

Hey all, it took me a little while to decide if I would share this with you or not because it makes me a little uncomfortable but is very much appreciated. I decided to do so, only to show you what kind of peope they have in their company. Following is a copy of an e-mail I recieved from their Canadian Market Manager, George Wallace...

"With all that goes on in this world, not a lot of people take the time to recognize those that choose to help others. I know there are probably countless others whom I should thank, but I would like to commend you for your efforts with respect to Fishing for Tyler and offer you a $100 Bass Pro Shops Gift Card with our thanks. This will be made available for pick-up at Customer Service. Again, I thank you for your commitment and support of such a great cause. Please be sure to contact me again next year in support of this event.

Kind regards,

George Wallace,

Canadian Market Manager

Bass Pro Shops"

Maureen

Edited by motv8tr

Well I have been quick to slam the poor service I have recieved there, so let me be just as quick to say that is absolutely great. It's nice to see them recognizing someone doing hard work on behalf of someone else. And you shouldnt feel uncomfortable about being recognized (we all know you did it for your friend not the recognition), it doesnt hurt to be told you did a good job.

Maureen its nice to know that the great carma you have has paid off in a small token. l got to know a bit about you at the fishen' for Tylor and you are a class act, for real. Your good heart made you come clean. Respect Ken.

Edited by bowshep

Now that makes my day.

Maybe helps explain why I love to drive 100 km on Saturdays just to be in the store.

BPS is an awesome store, but what makes it magic is the people that work there, and that all starts at the top. George was continually talking to me about the Tyler event, he was very tuned in. They really do put a lot back into the industry.

My real job is at Dofasco where our slogan is "Our Product is Steel, our Strength is People". I can honestly say that that applies to BPS as well from the Management team right down to all the great folks in the Fishing Dept. it is a great team environment to work in.

The same principles apply here, where this OFC community's strength is in its wonderful people and none more deserving than Maureen.

Congratulations Maureen, you really deserve it and I along with the other members are so proud of you.

Hope to see you in the store soon to help you spend that gift card! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Agreed - not to turn this into a BPS love fest or anything but I was there on Wednesday to pick up a float reel and a few other things. The guy behind the counter must have spent a good 25 minutes talking about the setup's he uses, even went as far to bring me to the different backings/mainline, etc. that he goes by. Never once did I feel like I was being sold on anything nor did I feel like I was nusiance to him at all - nor the girl behind the counter that started showing me picks of some of her river fishing experiences - that was cool too. Might very well be one of the better shopping experiences I've had - and this is coming from a guy that hates shopping and relatively avoids talking to the guys behind the counter at that "other" store simply due to bad prior experiences. I like the smaller shops just as much as BPS, but I really give credit to the guys/gals at BPS that make an honest attempt to enhance the shoppers experience - it makes the trip out well worth while.