Mud puppy

Rod Caster

Guest gbfisher

Mudpuupy races are the best.

Each player catches one. Put them all in a bucket. Spin it around once. Dump the bucket gingerly and the first one to make it back to the hole WINS....

I can garantee each one will go straight back to the nearest hole...I don't know how they know where the hole is but they do. :blink:

Mudpuupy races are the best.

Each player catches one. Put them all in a bucket. Spin it around once. Dump the bucket gingerly and the first one to make it back to the hole WINS....

I can garantee each one will go straight back to the nearest hole...I don't know how they know where the hole is but they do. :blink:

They feel the force,just like Luke Skywalker. :rofl2:

Great pic,I put it on my desk top.

Never forget catching one as a kid in the Detroit river. While trying the get the hook out, the thing bit my finger and latched on with a death grip. Needed to pry it off. Scared the @%@$% out of me.

Ling are nearly as bad....minus the legs.

Newboykool: Mud puppies will eat anything off bottom. The secret is to fish oftenlaugh.gif Other than that, it's just been luck for me.

Merc: I'm quite sure they are native to the lakes up here.... we don't hate 'em like we hate gobies.

GB: Mudpuppyracing is my new favorite sport. Thanks for idea.

When I first moved here from Newfoundland I was Ice Fishing up north. I started dozing off in the portable hut looking at the hole and woke up to one of these little freaks looking at me. Scared the Jeebers out of me for sure. Someone must have caught it and released it and it decided it wanted something in my hut. I never saw something like that and thought it was a mutant of some sort. Kinda scared me at first but realized it wasnt harmfull other than the fact that the little buggers do bite.