GAS PRICES

ketchenany

Just killing the country. Soon we'll be sitting at home playing fishing games.

Maybe that's their game plan for thinking GREEN.

Yes, I agree! It won't be long before I have nothing left from my weekly pay cheque, which never goes up!

I guess I'm lucky that I live on a lake and can paddle out to go fishing once the gas prices go too high or gas is no longer available.

Sorry to say it, but playing fishing games takes hydro :-(

Oh the joy of having a PM from Alberta. You have to think who finances Mr Harper's campaign. So, that said, we won't be getting any sort of a break on fuel any time soon. BTW, I am Conservative in my political views, I'm just calling it like I see it in my little world.

I can see were this is going, lots of trucks, boats and resorts for sale. Economy going down the pipe. :wallbash: and they want us to take concessions and tax us to death, HMMMM smart people we have running the country. Lets give more money away :good::dunno:

Blood pressure going up again :blush: , got to go down and polish some lures for Quinte next week.

And now for something .....completely different!!!

'Mom, may I take the dog for a walk around the block?'

Mom replies, 'No, because she is in heat.

'What's that mean?' asked the child.

'Go ask your father. I think he's in the garage.'

The little girl goes to the garage and says, 'Dad, may I take Belle for a walk around the block? I asked Mom, but she said the dog was in heat, and to come to you.'

Dad said, 'Bring Belle over here.' He took a rag, soaked it with gasoline, and scrubbed the dog's backside with it to disguise the scent, and said 'OK, you can go now, but keep Belle on the leash and only go one time round the block.'

The little girl left and returned a few minutes later with no dog on the leash. Surprised, Dad asked, 'Where's Belle?'

The little girl said, 'She ran out of gas about halfway down the block, so another dog is pushing her home.'

If you ain't laffin'...

You ain't livin'

I'm fed up with all the fuel price Bull too.

I was in the market for a new vehicle. Rising fuel prices made my decision easier.

Just leased a 2011 VW Jetta with a 2.0 litre turbo diesel engine. (torque 236 lbs.- ft. )

Should be picking it up in the next few days.

Excellent choice. My TDI has 553,000kms on it and has shown no signs of giving up yet. Stick with the recommended oil change intervals, the correct oil (Dealer sourced VW507) and the maintenance schedule and she'll last you a long long time.

113.9 in Midland this morning (with no choice but to fill up).. only to find it @ 109.9 in Waverly. Guess the rotary crank phone operators call got delayed to way out there in the sticks! lol That station is usually the most expensive around..

At Jane/Dundas/St Clair/ (independents outlets) area gas is ALWAY 3-4 cents below what we pay in Weston and the 401/Woodbridge area; my last fill up was 1.06.

Our government (a bunch of idiots and that is just me) really knows how to discourage visitors; taxing everything that keeps them from coming here. Gas, HST etc.

I'm NO economist but if you tax people to death they have no disposable income, which slows down the economy.

Do you not think that the transportation industry will not pass on these fuel cost? Prices will go up and they collect more taxes . . . and we fall farther behind.

I hope that our next governors will realize that taxing us to death is not the solution; we have to have the $s to spend and keep everyone else going; from food stores to recreational activities/tourism.

The more we have to spend the more they get, but if you take it up front!

I'd like to know how many of our American friends have decided not to come because of the transportation/HST costs . . .