Introducing the newest member of the family........

motion

Hi everyone. I just wanted to thank everyone who posted their comments, helping me in the decision of getting a new dog. After much research and visiting various breeders, I have decided to go with a chocolate lab. Below is a picture of my new little guy Toby.

He is a purebred, CKC registered energetic pup. We got him from a breeder (kind of an early Christmas gift from my kids). If he grows to look anything like his dad, he's going to be one handsome looking lab!

I'm looking forward to taking him up north with me to enjoy the water and to keep me company on my week-end fishing trips. I'll try to send some pictures of Toby when I get him out (an in) the water.

Cheers.

toby .jpg

Edited by motion

Just be kind to him when you add his rabbies and licence tag to that collar... electical tape them all together!

Hey Wayne, that’s the kids idea with the big bone dog tag. Darn thing weighs almost as much as the pup! I will keep that idea in mind once he gets his full vaccination tag.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to thank everyone who posted their comments, helping me in the decision of getting a new dog. After much research and visiting various breeders, I have decided to go with a chocolate lab. Below is a picture of my new little guy Toby.

He is a purebred, CKC registered energetic pup. We got him from a breeder (kind of an early Christmas gift from my kids). If he grows to look anything like his dad, he's going to be one handsome looking lab!

I'm looking forward to taking him up north with me to enjoy the water and to keep me company on my week-end fishing trips. I'll try to send some pictures of Toby when I get him out (an in) the water.

Cheers.

I was wondering if Toby for a brown pup is pol. correct. My parents got a black cocker from the pound called Sambo and just called him Sam so there would be no trouble! Just wondering! Congrats by the way he is a beauty.

Edited by fishermccann

I was wondering if Toby for a brown pup is pol. correct. My parents got a black cocker from the pound called Sambo and just called him Sam so there would be no trouble! Just wondering! Congrats by the way he is a beauty.

I see where you're coming from, however (for the record) he is named after a Disney character Toby Tyler. I was a kid when the movie came out and it was a favorite of mine. It was either that or the wife's suggestion.........Hershey!!!:blahblah1:

Edited by motion

I see where you're coming from, however (for the record) he is named after a Disney character Toby Tyler. I was a kid when the movie came out and it was a favorite of mine. It was either that or the wife's suggestion.........Hershey!!!:blahblah1:

I wanted to call my 3 yr. old Golden Ret. , Anne, but that was a no-no from the wife as that is her moms name, we called her Oakley instead , as in Anne Oakly.

Hey Wayne, that’s the kids idea with the big bone dog tag. Darn thing weighs almost as much as the pup! I will keep that idea in mind once he gets his full vaccination tag.

Give thought to how good a dogs hearing is.. tags clanking in their ears isn't kind and many guys also wonder why their dogs are deaf by 10 years old...

The tape is no big deal to unwind if someone finds the dog. Also engrave your phone number on the back of one of his tags!

Awwww, what a gorgeous little feller :thumbsup_anim: I would love to get another dog as well but the big decision is what? :rolleyes: Congratz on Toby!

Thanks. It was a tough decision for us as well. The Lab is what we ended up choosing for our family.

Cheers!