New Outdoors Card

Stern Rules

I got my renewal form yesterday and the card now costs $9.68. Wasn't it six something before? What a rip. I think that's way too much considering we still have to buy the license. I emailed them a couple weeks back to see if the design this time is gonna be different considering the last 2 were the same. No, it's gonna be the same. Personally I like when they change it every time.

Yeah I noticed the Sport fishing license is now Like $92.28 and the conservation license is something like $54.94 not sure but I'll be going conservation from here on in.

In past few years when the card came out I always went with the sport license but now forget it. Time to conserve.

dsn

Thats for 3 years, how much to renew your car license each year...

What's that got to do with it? By that logic, the more we pay to renew our plate sticker, the more we can expect to pay for a fishing license?

I just renewed for three years and was surprised at the price as well.

It is the price of doing business any more.

Did the MNR not just hire 8 or 10 new CO's? Now you have to equip them with all the tools to do their jobs.

We all witch and complain when poachers etc. are getting away with all their bad habits and say "where is a CO when you want one"

I don't mind paying the extra. Most of the license fees are returned to the environment in some form or another.

Just my opinion guys.

It is the price of doing business any more.

Did the MNR not just hire 8 or 10 new CO's? Now you have to equip them with all the tools to do their jobs.

We all witch and complain when poachers etc. are getting away with all their bad habits and say "where is a CO when you want one"

I don't mind paying the extra. Most of the license fees are returned to the environment in some form or another.

Just my opinion guys.

+1

they should extend the length of time the card is valid for. you can get a sticker for one year with the card, but you are stuck for the following two years having to renew it every year. (i should have bought a three year sticker, but wasn't thinking at the time.)

maybe if there was a 2 year sticker renewal option, so you can have the option to max out the card at one stop to reduce the chance of forgetting.

Come on. ten bucks for a card to buy a license. Thats a crock.

Why isn't the card good forever?. What changes with it?

Hiring CO's is like hiring police officers. Do just the criminals pay to cover the cost?

You guys that don't mind can come and pay my taxes.

Thankyou dalton McLiar

Hey, can we get a bogus 10% off like he is going togive to trick you guys with they electric bills too

$91.28 for a 3 year sport tag and the card.... I used to always get the conservatioon card since I rarely ever keep a fish unless its a bleeder and will not survive, (I kept 2 fish this year) The only reason I get the sport tag is so that I can participate in tournaments. 5 fish limit for bass will always win out over a 3 fish consarevation limit. one tourney that I would fish anyway, usually pays for the extra.....OK I admit it sometimes 2 tourneys LOL

jjcanoe

I don't mind paying whatever the licence itself costs. My point was almost $10 for a piece of plastic that you need in addition to the licence is ridiculous regardless of whether it's because of the HST or not. That might not be a lot of money to some but I think it could be a bit cheaper. Down home you just need a licence and that's it. If you want to keep salmon you have to get tags but that's in the price of the licence. And why do they put spots for 5 stickers on the back when you have to renew every 3 years. I don't understand that one at all. Don't mean to offend anyone, just my thoughts.

Here in Quebec, i believe we have a card for hunting that gives you the right to have a hunters licence, but no card yet to buy a fishing licence. I say YET because the Gov here usually studies yours for a few years before deciding to copy its ideas.Costs us 19.25/year to fish here.I fished twice this year in Ontario and it cost me 20 bucks per day each time.It would be nice if owners of Outdoor cards were given a rebate on fishing licences to compensate for the cost.

How much do you pay for internet? Cell phone? Satellite tv? They're ripping you off for a lot more than the value of your fishing license. What is the point of this rant? I'm like cudz. If the price was double, triple whatever, id give up my internet subscription so I could afford to fish. I need to fish, I don't need the internet.

I will never get a Conservation Card & I encourage every one else that fishes with me to get the Sport License, fishing Tournament you have to have the Sport fishing license & if I go musky fishing I want everybody that is with us to have the Sport License just in case we get stopped & they ask, $30.00 a year I piss that away on things I don't enjoy doing

Richard