Snow Tires

Steve_R

Anyone heard of Wanli tires? Im looking at getting some new snow tires was just wondering if anyone has herd of them and are they any good? Thanks for your help

Steve.

Go to www.tirerack.com and see if they give any reviews. Never herd of them. I would stick with the known brands.

Winter tires and snow tires are different. Winter tires are better. Maybe not so hard to find a deal on good tires this year. Queens tire in acton has the sign out front. Blizzaks 50 percent off, order now. I have never seen that before. Maybe overproduction this year?

I just picked up some Mich. X-i2 snows for the car , good reviews. The way I look at it is , if you are going to bother

with getting snow tires don't skimp out for the sake of 20-30 bucks a tire because all it takes is one slip into the ditch

and those good tires are paid for !

Also check out Tire Rack , lots of reviews there .

Winter tires and snow tires are different. Winter tires are better. Maybe not so hard to find a deal on good tires this year. Queens tire in acton has the sign out front. Blizzaks 50 percent off, order now. I have never seen that before. Maybe overproduction this year?

Wow - i'll give them a call. Was actually going to buy in the US because Blizzaks for my car are $1400 here (not including rims).

Wanli tire a.k.a South China tire company

I bought a set of Gislaved Nordfrost snows last year for my Subaru and they are great you`d really have to do something dumb to get in trouble with the combo I have.

I just bought a set of Goodyear ultra grip for my son`s vehicle and they were 89 bucks a piece installed and balanced and IMHO you can`t a better tire for the money.

I had Blizzaks on my Maxima a few years ago and I did not like them as much as the Ultra Grips but at 50% off I could like them.

Wanli tires?

Made in China; should be enough said.

As for the 50% off of manufacturers list price for a tire; that is a great marketing ploy by whoever is offering this; but I haven’t seen a tire retailer (including myself) sell a tire at list price ever.

So selling tires at 50% of what you know you’ll never get; isn’t all that hard to do.

Now don’t get me wrong, 700 bucks installed for those tires is a decent price, especially for that quality of tire.

Dan.

I bought a set of Gislaved Nordfrost snows last year for my Subaru and they are great you`d really have to do something dumb to get in trouble with the combo I have.

Ain't that the truth!

I'm running Yokahama ice guard's on my subie. The thing will go anywhere. It even stops on slippery roads! Like already said, if your going to spend money on winter tires, don't skimp out. Once you run good ones, you'll never regret it!! I've always had dedicated snow tires, and I'd never go back to all season, or AT's for winter conditions!

S.

Dedicated winter tires are the only way to go, and for anyone new to driving in the snow, be sure to use them on all 4 wheels. Lotsa folks seem to think you can get away with only having them on the drive wheels.

I'll be installing mine in the next couple weeks .

Dedicated winter tires are the only way to go, and for anyone new to driving in the snow, be sure to use them on all 4 wheels. Lotsa folks seem to think you can get away with only having them on the drive wheels.

I'll be installing mine in the next couple weeks .

Like to gamble do ya Lew?...we had ours installed last week...I'm surprised we haven't needed them yet...but one of these days...canadian.gif

if i was getting ANY tire at 50% off i'd be making sure its not old stock that somebody is trying to blowout. you can check when the tires were manufactured, its in the DOT number on the tire, believe the last 4 numbers are the date of manuf. eg; 0910 would be 9th week of 2010

...edit manufacturers recommend replacing tires that are 5 yrs old, regardless of wear, the rubber dries, cracks and ages.

Edited by Dunner

...edit manufacturers recommend replacing tires that are 5 yrs old, regardless of wear, the rubber dries, cracks and ages.

I only put about 5000km a year on my truck. Are you saying I'll need to replace $1000 of rubber after only 25000km?

Doubt that's gonna happen.

I only put about 5000km a year on my truck. Are you saying I'll need to replace $1000 of rubber after only 25000km?

im saying what the tire manufacturers are telling you (obviously they have SOME interest in the whole thing)

i'll tell you though, ive seen tires with less than 25k on them look horribly and unsafely weather cracked. there are other reasons to replace a tire than tread depth. if you're buying a tire thats already 2 or 3 yrs old you're starting out behind. if you do lots of mileage it may not make a difference, but especially to somebody who doesn't do lots of driving it makes sense to get the "freshest" tires you can.

if i was getting ANY tire at 50% off i'd be making sure its not old stock that somebody is trying to blowout. you can check when the tires were manufactured, its in the DOT number on the tire, believe the last 4 numbers are the date of manuf. eg; 0910 would be 9th week of 2010

You and I may be in a minority here; but you are so right.

In some European countries; it’s already law; 5 year and off the road.

5 years old and cannot be legally sold.

It’s not here yet but its coming; we just haven’t killed enough people yet, for any legislation to be put forward.

Do a little research and you’ll be surprised at how dangerous an old tire is; regardless of how “good” it looks or how few miles are on it.

Dan.