Leaf's coach has got to go

Pikeslayer

Ron Wilson's Got To Go  

46 members have voted

1. 1. When will Wilson get canned/resign

• Before Christmas 12.25.10
    • After Christmas 12.26.10
    • He'll get through the season 10/11

Phaneuf has not impressed me since he came over IMO. As for Kaberle,I thought when he was good,he was a Salming,but his game has taken a few steps back. He,s not a tough guy defenceman. On defence,you need toughness.IMO

Clear the screener and get the puck out past the blue line.

Guest Johnny Bass

As predicted a good game,the Monster was great as was Price.

Did poor Komi think he was back playing for the Habs?

Good game for sure. The better team won. Montreal played a great defensive game(I really like Jacques Martin's coaching style and wanted him to coach the leafs). The monster played great and it was not his fault on either goal. First goal was a fluke and second goal was a giveaway by our own player.....

Price only made two good saves in my opinion, and was saved by Spacek with 3 minutes left in the game. His defense makes him look good and gives him all kinds of confidence.

With that said....The monster made the better saves because Montreal had the better scoring chances.

The refs let them play it out, with the habs having more shots shorthanded then us on the power play.....

The habs killed us on the faceoffs. I think Zigomanis was a good face off guy, wasn't he? I liked him. But he drew crappy penalties.

The biggest problem was the leafs were fanning on the puck and giveaway the puck constantly. This has been happening for a while.

Oh well. Congrats to the Montreal fans for a win well deserved. I noticed right from the start, their fans are more pumped then the leaf fans.

Edited by Johnny Bass

the fans there are more pumped up than the "fans" at acc for sure. the "fans" at the acc cant cheer too loudly or they'll spill their champagne and caviar.

the "fans" at the bell center are an embarrassment to hockey. Arbitrarily quoting things is fun.

Guest Johnny Bass

Great game!!! Leafs dominated!Jonas Gustavsson played great. I've been saying this from the beginning of the season. He's the better goalie. The Kulimen line is still the best line. Like I said before. Not too many Russians that cant find the back of the net.

Our checking line has to forecheck more agressivly. They caused a few turn overs today doing so. Give the fans something to cheer about!

This thing about defensemen shooting wide to get rebounds is not working. Put it on net and anything can happen. Especially with traffic in front.

Now I know what they mean by Kessel being one dimensional. He has to try something new. He comes in and shoots. If he is going to do that? At least get closer to the net!He has a good shot. He is shooting from the top of the circle!! Kadri played well, but he has to bulk up. Against the boards he's weak.

That's Johnny Bass's hockey talk for tonight. :whistling:

Guest Johnny Bass

Montreal lost and Ottawa is winning 3-2 but LA scored the tie breaker with 3 seconds!!It is going to review, but it looks like a goal!!!!

Dang!They didn't count it! LA got robbed two goals!!!

Edited by Johnny Bass

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Johnny Bass

What I dont get is Kaberle has been the worst player on the ice for the longest time and Wilson is giving him more ice time. :wallbash: I guess he is trying to spark our offense but watching Kaberle play is annoying. On that first goal he should have wallpaper Eberle to the boards! We had many good chances and we even hit a post. But their goalie outplayed ours.....

I hope the boos wake up Kessel in Boston and he scores a hatrick!!

It would seem we the fans know nothing about coaching and what a bad coached team looks like to us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ron Wilson won't be fired.

Leafs GM Brian Burke backed his coach — yet again — despite boos raining down from the Air Canada Centre during a 5-0 loss to Edmonton and fans chanting “Fire Wilson.”

“No coaching change,” Burke told TSN, which repeated the comment on Twitter.

The whole Twitter universe seemed to be talking about Wilson — the topic was trending in Canada — with fans weighing in on their opinion.

“If it was ANY other team in the NHL, the coach would be gone. Because his name is Ron Wilson, he stays,” tweeted @andrewrizzi.

“So if it isn't Ron Wilson's fault, then it's Brian Burkes. No ifs, ands, or buts about it,” said @BrianHuddle.

Wilson had his defenders.

“We're not big Ron Wilson fans. Still, how can fans say #Leafs have no talent, then say fire Wilson. If he's given no talent, he can't win,” tweeted @theSportsJesters.

Twitter only echoed Toronto’s angry fans wallowing in hopelessness.

Up next, the Boston Bruins are here Saturday with Tyler Seguin — the No. 2 overall pick the Leafs could have had last season if not for the Kessel deal. The booing was vociferous against the Oilers but imagine the soundtrack to Saturday’s game if the Bruins win and Seguin pops a goal or two.

After that, the Leafs face Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin in consecutive games on a road trip through Pittsburgh and Washington. Then they’re home to face Philadelphia and Montreal.

Guest Johnny Bass

Latest news? According to Beauchemin? It isn't the coaches fault. They are told what to do and they dont do it. This coming from the only solid stay at home defensemen we have.

Can you blame injuries? Before the injuries, we were 5-2-1. Apparently in regards to giving away draft picks? In Burke's defense? He said he never expected to finish so low in the standings. He figured he was giving Boston a 10th rounder at best. And this year, he certainly did not expect for the leafs to do this poorly......

Apparently His starting line will consist of Kessel at center, with Versteeg(He has earned it), and Armstrong. Maybe he can alternate Kadri in there if Armstrong is still a bit rusty and plays poorly. He is also bringing up Rosehill. I hope they wallpaper whoever it is playing along side of Chara! Cause some turnovers and draw some retaliation penalties.

Maybe we should boo Seguin. But the leafs have more class then that. He is a Torontonian and it will be a special game for him. Hopefully not too special.LOL

I'm so looking forward to seeing Ke$$el at center. He is afraid of contact and doesn't play defence. Kadri is on the 4th line with Orr and either Mitchell or Rosehill. Watch how long it takes Wilson to swap them and put Kadri up and Ke$$el down to the 4th line. There will definately be some scraps tonight. Has Komi come down with Lucic flu yet?

Latest news? According to Beauchemin? It isn't the coaches fault. They are told what to do and they dont do it. This coming from the only solid stay at home defensemen we have.

Can you blame injuries? Before the injuries, we were 5-2-1. Apparently in regards to giving away draft picks? In Burke's defense? He said he never expected to finish so low in the standings. He figured he was giving Boston a 10th rounder at best. And this year, he certainly did not expect for the leafs to do this poorly......

Apparently His starting line will consist of Kessel at center, with Versteeg(He has earned it), and Armstrong. Maybe he can alternate Kadri in there if Armstrong is still a bit rusty and plays poorly. He is also bringing up Rosehill. I hope they wallpaper whoever it is playing along side of Chara! Cause some turnovers and draw some retaliation penalties.

Maybe we should boo Seguin. But the leafs have more class then that. He is a Torontonian and it will be a special game for him. Hopefully not too special.LOL

Center is a good place Kessel less wear and tear on his dress!!

Talking of centermen did you see Plekanec`s game today now that`s a centerman!!! :clapping:

Talking of centermen did you see Plekanec`s game today now that`s a centerman!!! :clapping:

Plekanec is a stick swinging coward. I will never forget his dangerous attack in the minor leagues, and somebody needs to show this fool a good ol fashion hip check.

Guest Johnny Bass

I'm so looking forward to seeing Ke$$el at center. He is afraid of contact and doesn't play defence. Kadri is on the 4th line with Orr and either Mitchell or Rosehill. Watch how long it takes Wilson to swap them and put Kadri up and Ke$$el down to the 4th line. There will definately be some scraps tonight. Has Komi come down with Lucic flu yet?

Ke$$el scores the game winner!!! He had Thomas so scared he put the puck AND the goalie in the net!!!!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I thought Seguin was a healthy scratch, since there was no sign of him. At least he showed up for the shootout! :rofl2:

Star of the game? Thomas. He makes that over rated Boston team look alot better then they really are! Still, when Thomas was making those saves, He was smiling like it was an easy win against the leafs. When Beauchamin almost buried it? He wasn't smiling anymore!

I like his mask. Its similar to Hasek's and you get good vision.

No word of a lie. I was saying how Verseeg was by far the best player on the ice, and if he keeps going at it, he will bury a goal and he did! Kuleiman was a distant second.

Over all, leafs played well. If it wasn't for Thomas we would have buried the Bruins.

Rosehill(sp?) played awesome at the beginning. Caused a couple of turnovers, like I said he would. Caused a retaliation, but he shouldn't have fought and drew the penalty! He got manhandled in that scrap. After that, he was almost invisible.

We came out swinging, bombarding the net, caused one turnover and the Bruins capitalized. I'm sure the Bruin fans were all excited.LOL

Well there goes the Bruins streak of winning when they score first!!! Now you will excuse me as I go celebrate! :P

Edited by Johnny Bass