Wild Game/Fish Dinners

Spiel

Well it's been a crazy month for outdoor related meals.

I've had a few fresh meals of walleye and steelhead thanks to Solopaddler. :)

Another friend has gifted me many meals of moose along with various homemade preserves but this past weekend he dropped a real prize on me. One big fat wild turkey, my first taste of wild turkey, spectacular! I've been feasting on it for three days and today turned the remains into the beginnings of turkey soup. :D

Just finished straining the stock and deboning the bird while I stirred up a big pot of moose meat spaghetti sauce.

I gotta say it's good to have friends who hunt and fish. thumbsup_anim.gif

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

many of the guys i work with are not only excellent hunters, but excellent wild game chefs. on long road trips guys frequently bring game from their home freezer and treat the crew to meals. in the right hands, i've enjoyed all wild game, from birds to moose, bear, and deer. wild game dinners put on by hunters associations etc. are great as well because you sometimes get a chance to taste some more peculiar critters like armadillo.

you've made me hungry just thinking about all this spiel.

leftovers it is.

Being a non hunter I don't get the chance very often for wild game. My old boss and his wife used to invite us over for dinner and Elanor could make anything taste great. Had some great fish dinners there and her moose stew was to die for.

A few years ago Buckster a fellow OFC'er shared some venison with me from a deer I believe his father got. I turned the choicer cuts into bacon wrapped fillets and made a stew out of the rest. Enjoyed every bite of it all.

Enjoy your friends generosity Chris and thx for sharing.

You are one lucky dude to have such great friends Chris B):thumbsup_anim:

Never had wild turkey before and sounds like it's delicious enough to make soup out of the remains..... Can't go wrong with that!!!

PS If you happen to have any extra..... just mail it to me :whistling::lol:

Jacques

That sounds sooooo good. You should come to Quinte and be our cabin boy....I mean cook.:w00t: By the sounds of it you are waaaay a head of Brian for wild game this year and your didn't leave the house......I could be wrong:huh::D. Sorry Brian, I'll blame it on Wayne's deer joke from earlier.

It sure is good to have generous friends. thumbsup_anim.gif

Still feasting on turkey and moose (and cork dust...*cough*), perhaps for a few more days yet. whistling.gif

i sure hope not from my rod chris :D

the only game meats i get are the ones i buy from the butcher.....deer, duck, wild bore, goat to name a few. most of them i either roast or stew em up.....now you got me droolin

Still feasting on turkey and moose (and cork dust...*cough*), perhaps for a few more days yet. whistling.gif

I found that Walnut dust adds more flavor than Cork dust does. You also can ummmm use a shop vac to catch the dust before you get suberosis.read it so you will get some dust control you igidit.

suberosis.

Art

I found that Walnut dust adds more flavor than Cork dust does. You also can ummmm use a shop vac to catch the dust before you get suberosis.read it so you will get some dust control you igidit.

:whistling:suberosis. :whistling:

Art