Dog Needs a New Home

laszlo

Hello Everyone.

My wife is starting an in-home daycare and it seems most clients are put off by the fact

that we have a dog.

She (Ida) is a Pure Bred Weimaraner in perfect health, fixed and is 6 years old. If your not familiar with the breed, they are

very athletic/energetic and require 30-45 minutes of OFF LEASH exercize daily. I can't stress

that enough. She has all her shots, is great with kids, and is full of love.

This breed needs to be in the home with the family and would not do well as a yard dog.

She would be a great partner for any hunters that target field birds.

Pics...

dsc00536eg.jpg

dsc01188g.jpg

p1011077t.jpg

This is an unbelievably difficult thing to do so finding the right home for her is very important to us.

Please personal message me for any inquiries and even if she's not for you please spread the word.

We will take the best offer.

Thanks

Laszlo

Edited by laszlo

She is a beautiful dog. What is her name? Also for people considering helping out, is she for sale? It would be great for you if she could find a good home in your area so you could se her time-to-time. I wish you success in finding another home that will care for her as much as your family does. It is very difficult thing to do. Best wishes.

She is a beautiful dog. What is her name? Also for people considering helping out, is she for sale? It would be great for you if she could find a good home in your area so you could se her time-to-time. I wish you success in finding another home that will care for her as much as your family does. It is very difficult thing to do. Best wishes.

Thanks. I made changes the the original post.

Hi Lazlo,

I also have a weimaraner and agree they are wonderful caring dogs.I cannot stress enough to those considering a weim that they do need that exercise.Once the exercise session is complete they go right back to being couch potatoes lol.

Have you contacted your breeder as most will take dogs back regardless of age.I purchased my pup years ago from a gentleman by the name of Tom Lyons from weatherrun weimaraners.He has been breeding weims for over 40 years and could possibly provide you with a new home for your girl or might know someone who would. Worth a call.

Cheers

Damn, good luck finding her a good home, I feel for you buddy, I'd really hate having to make up a decision between giving up my dog for an idea my wife made.

The force is strong in you, you will catch lots of fish in the future.

Edited by Dozer

Just to add....

My Misses tried the home daycare route as well. She had the best intentions and is fantastic with kids......but..... it is a very fickle biz!

It would be a shame if she is just trying it out, and after a few months things didn't work out and you've given your pooch away...

Just something else to think about.

Just to add....

My Misses tried the home daycare route as well. She had the best intentions and is fantastic with kids......but..... it is a very fickle biz!

It would be a shame if she is just trying it out, and after a few months things didn't work out and you've given your pooch away...

Just something else to think about.

Oh so very true as my wife is doing the home daycare thing. The best "clients" to get are the ones on your street that see you and your dog all the time. My dog get's happy when all the kids' show up. She's even happier when they all go home, so she can get some rest... :D

Hate to be the one to say it.......and i dont mean it in a harsh way, but i dont think it would be very hard to come up with alternatives to keep your furry family member and try your business venture at the same time. I dont know your entire situation, so i could be wrong, im just trying to help you out as im sure its tearing at you. You look like two peas in a pod in your avatar.

Can you board the dog during daycare hours

Can you bring her to work with you during daycare hours

Can you find someone that would dogsit during the day and pick her up after work

Do you have a large property that you could put a small kennel away from the house

She looks good with kids, could you introduce clients to the pup and show them how docile she is and maybe use it as a cuteness tool to draw cleints

Could you explain to your wife that you took on a responsibility to care for this animal and daycare can wait a few years?

I dunno, just trying to help ya think. Gotta be a way to keep him in your family

As an avid dog lover and rescue volunteer I was quite saddened to read of your plight until I got to the part that said "will take the best offer". This is a self proclaimed "family member" not a used car. Sure you have an investment in her as she has an investment in you (and the rest of the family). But she has no options and depends entirely on you to look out for her best interests. That's the deal when you take on the responsibility to share your life with a dog.

Blaque has provided many good ideas to keep her in the family. If none of these are feasible then your first priority is to find the best possible solution for her - not you. Cash is not a part of this equation. :angry:

As an avid dog lover and rescue volunteer I was quite saddened to read of your plight until I got to the part that said "will take the best offer". This is a self proclaimed "family member" not a used car. Sure you have an investment in her as she has an investment in you (and the rest of the family). But she has no options and depends entirely on you to look out for her best interests. That's the deal when you take on the responsibility to share your life with a dog.

Blaque has provided many good ideas to keep her in the family. If none of these are feasible then your first priority is to find the best possible solution for her - not you. Cash is not a part of this equation. :angry:

If the best offer is 0 dollars, that's fine.

I want her to go to a happy family environment where she can run daily and be completely content. She won't just be going to anyone who offers me money. Like a breeder we will be interviewing possible owners. So far two OFNer's have offered to take her for free and that may end up being the case if the situation is right.

Thanks for the advice and assuming I'm a complete idiot though.

Maybe the "best offer" he is looking for, does not involve cash, but is the offer from someone else to give his dog a good home, room to play and be loved just as much as he loved her...

I certainly hope I got it wrong.

Hate to be the one to say it.......and i dont mean it in a harsh way, but i dont think it would be very hard to come up with alternatives to keep your furry family member and try your business venture at the same time. I dont know your entire situation, so i could be wrong, im just trying to help you out as im sure its tearing at you. You look like two peas in a pod in your avatar.

Can you board the dog during daycare hours

Can you bring her to work with you during daycare hours

Can you find someone that would dogsit during the day and pick her up after work

Do you have a large property that you could put a small kennel away from the house

She looks good with kids, could you introduce clients to the pup and show them how docile she is and maybe use it as a cuteness tool to draw cleints

Could you explain to your wife that you took on a responsibility to care for this animal and daycare can wait a few years?

I dunno, just trying to help ya think. Gotta be a way to keep him in your family

My thoughts exactly. But I guess Laz has already considered all of his options and this is what it came down to.

Was thinking the same thing as Blaque:

Worth a try. You have to remember one thing about business, You can't make everyone happy you find a nitch unfulfilled and work on that. This may be yours.

Good luck with the new business.