Walleye after walleye after walley ....again!

limeyangler

Hi all,

Friday afternoon....chores done by noon, mum and baby sleeping, weather like May and not October....back to Eagle lake I went.

Jig and Minnow was the bait, all the fish sitting in an 18' hole, nothing biting either side really, a bit better than the day before, a fish a cast still just bigger on average with a nice 21" thrown back (eagle lake slot), had a great supper on Thursday, now i get to treat my work colleugues to lunch today too.

EAGLE LAKE PT.II

BEAUTIFUL COLOR ON THESE FISH

IMG_1176-1.jpg

SUNSET TO THE WEST AND MOONRISE TO THE EAST AS I PACKED UP TO LEAVE

IMG_1189-1.jpg

IMG_1190-1.jpg

Hi

Maybe you can help me

I am looking to buy a house in your area

and a job in your area

and a fishing partner in your area

I guess I had better tell my wife first.......

ok never mind

good report

What type of job will YOUR WIFE be looking for while you're out fishing? hehehe

Simon, you're living the dream of many 'round. Enjoy it (but not sooo much!)

Awesome as always Simon..Hey how do you hook your minnows? Whenever I use minnows n jigs like that they come off or I kill them putting them on. I dont know if im doing somthing wrong or if its the weight of the jig head. Thats some fine lookin red line too!!

Thanks again :clapping:

Awesome as always Simon..Hey how do you hook your minnows? Whenever I use minnows n jigs like that they come off or I kill them putting them on. I dont know if im doing somthing wrong or if its the weight of the jig head. Thats some fine lookin red line too!!

Thanks again :clapping:

There was a good thread about minnow hooking on here just last week i think, some really good tips for hooking. Personally when jigging I put the point of the hook through the mouth of the minnow then out the side through the gill plate, then twist the point upwards and hook through the back by the dorsal fin.

as for that red line, i thought i should replace the braid i'd had for a while on that reel, and decided to try Power Pro instead of fireline...wow....i'm sold...awesome line!

Holly bejesus Simon, you certainly got them golden beauties dialed in :w00t:

Talk about fish being stacked up in an 18' hole :w00t: one after the other..... unreal dude B) It looks like them pickerals are just like sardines :sarcasm:

Loads of fun I bet.... keep up the great work :worthy::clapping::thumbsup_anim: and thanks for sharing!!!

Jacques

Holly bejesus Simon, you certainly got them golden beauties dialed in :w00t:

Talk about fish being stacked up in an 18' hole :w00t: one after the other..... unreal dude B) It looks like them pickerals are just like sardines :sarcasm:

Loads of fun I bet.... keep up the great work :worthy::clapping::thumbsup_anim: and thanks for sharing!!!

Jacques

Sardines...is that a French word....je ne comprend pas :whistling:

Don't you just hate it when you keep catching those pesky walleye?

lol

well done

Yeah , those eyes totally peed me off, got in the way of some good hammer handle fishing.

All I needed to see was "Walleye after walleye after walley ....again!" and that it was posted by you Simon to get my attention. Now that I have your attention, I hate you. :sarcasm: I need to get out fishing... :wallbash: I'll read this later as I just had to tell you, I wish I was there...

Edited by GBW