Leaf's in First Place in the NHL

muskymike

Ah yes...the universe thing...point taken worthy.gifclapping.gif

11 playoff apearances in 12 years

Stanley cup finals

numerous presidents trophys

and more.....need I say more?

laugh.gif

I suggest you leave all the bragging until your team actually WINS a cup.

Ah yes...the universe thing...point taken :worthy::clapping:

Stanley cup finals

:lol:

oooh so impressive maybe if they actually had a cup under their belt you could say something and as for you ripping up the leafs, ottawa got spanked by them just last week

oooh so impressive maybe if they actually had a cup under their belt you could say something and as for you ripping up the leafs, ottawa got spanked by them just last week

Not only that, the Senators looked AWFUL. If I was from Ottawa, I wouldn't be bringing attention to my failing team.

Actually I just get enjoyment reading the replies of leaf fans who get their feather all ruffeled when someone comments about how brutal their team is.....live by the sword die by the sword I guess.

One thing I do have to give credit for is the ability(or sickness) to stand by a team that sucks that bad...my hats off to ya. Even tho it is a sens hat... :w00t:

Actually I just get enjoyment reading the replies of leaf fans who get their feather all ruffeled when someone comments about how brutal their team is.....live by the sword die by the sword I guess.

One thing I do have to give credit for is the ability(or sickness) to stand by a team that sucks that bad...my hats off to ya. Even tho it is a sens hat... w00t.gif

I would be interested to hear how the team,as you put it"sucks that bad"when they have not lost a game.As far as standing by a team that "sucks that bad"how are the sens doing thus far???

Guest Johnny Bass

Yah you forgot one stat.

Leafs Versus Sens in the Playoffs 4-0 including a 4 game sweep.

OUCH!!!LOL I wonder how much Musky Matt is willing to bet(lose) in regards to whether the leafs make the playoffs or not!!!!

Sen fans the king of the chokers should be the last to speak about Stanley cups.

Edited by Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

I still say they shouldn't have played the Monster. Can you imagine all the pressure on this guy after having a lousy season and then being put in when the team is on a winning streak?If he would have lost that game his confidence would have been shattered. They should have stuck with Guigere till he lost and then put the monster in nice and fresh. Bad move Wilson!

Man those leafs were flying and the pens were falling over their skates turning the puck over! When(and not if)the leafs make the playoffs, there is going to be a lot of sens fans eating crow!!

Crow and Mushroom Stew

3 crows

1 Tbsp lard/shortening

1 pint stock or gravy

2 Tbsp cream

1/2 cup mushrooms

salt and pepper

cayenne pepper

season with leaf fan discontent

Clean and cut crows into small portions and let them cook a short time in the lard/shortening in a saucepan, being careful not to brown them.

Next, add to the contents of the pan, the stock or gravy, and salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.

Simmer 1 hour, or until tender, add mushrooms, simmer 10 minutes more and then stir in cream. Add discontent and enjoy

Arrange the mushrooms around the crows on a hot platter.

:rolleyes::clapping:

One thing I do have to give credit for is the ability(or sickness) to stand by a team that sucks that bad...my hats off to ya. Even tho it is a sens hat... :w00t:

I only have one comment to make to Sens fans. Unless you're a teenager who did you cheer for prior to '92?

Montreal? Perhaps many of you cheered for (gasp) the Leafs? LOL!

Whoever, it doesn't really matter.

How does someone grow up watching and cheering for a particular team suddenly switch allegiance?

I live in Hamilton and if they ever did get that franchise I'd still cheer for the Leafs.

It always seems to be Sen's fans who chirp the most when it comes to the Leafs. Although I do understand why...you're never going to get over those playoff beatings LOL!

As a Leaf fan it's gratifying to finally see an actual plan in place that seems to be working. (so far :) )

I only have one comment to make to Sens fans. Unless you're a teenager who did you cheer for prior to '92?

Montreal? Perhaps many of you cheered for (gasp) the Leafs? LOL!

Whoever, it doesn't really matter.

How does someone grow up watching and cheering for a particular team suddenly switch allegiance?

I live in Hamilton and if they ever did get that franchise I'd still cheer for the Leafs.

It always seems to be Sen's fans who chirp the most when it comes to the Leafs. Although I do understand why...you're never going to get over those playoff beatings LOL!

As a Leaf fan it's gratifying to finally see an actual plan in place that seems to be working. (so far :) )

I used to be a leaf fan but I'm all better now :unsure: ...I think :rofl2:

Blah blah bla leafs were ripped off..blah blah blah..gretzky did us wrong...blah blah blah we shoulda won...blah blah blah ....we coulda won....blah blah blah...what a bunch of whiners....blah blah blah

And what are your excuses for the the other 44 years????????

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::dunno::dunno::dunno:

So when was the last time Ottawa won a cup? please tell us the year and then subtract that number from 1967. Please let us know the results.....

Ah yes...the universe thing...point taken :worthy::clapping:

Stanley cup finals

:lol:

And how many Stanley Cups in that time???? Tied with the Leafs with 0!

energizer-bunny~0.jpg

:thumbsup_anim::sarcasm::jerry:

might want to share some of those batteries for the Lynx... oops sorry no longer there, how about the Rough Riders? Uh never mind. I guess the sens can keep 'em

The Leafs have won three games, and people are getting excited about possible playoff match-ups.

Three games.

Get a grip already!

We all know what direction the comments would be going if they had lost those three games... don't we. :whistling:

Edited by kickingfrog

I grew up in Niagara, back in the Original Six days, at one time if you lived in Hamilton chances were you were a Redwings fan and if you lived in St Catharines a Blackhawk fan, had to do with your local farm team affiliation. Lot of big name Blackhawks especially played junior in St. Kitts long ago. Remember Pierre Pilote had a string of laundromats in town back then. :clapping: NHL didn't pay too well then I guess.

If the Leafs make the playoffs, I'll give up fast-food and red meat on fishing trips for a month or two

The good Lord knows I don't ask for much!

I may get excited if they're 25-0-0 :D ...In the meantime, I'll remain pessimistic (as always) about our chances. Too many times have I been disappointed with the Leafs after a great start to the season.

If the Leafs make the playoffs, I'll give up fast-food and red meat on fishing trips for a month or two

The good Lord knows I don't ask for much!

I may get excited if they're 25-0-0 :D ...In the meantime, I'll remain pessimistic (as always) about our chances. Too many times have I been disappointed with the Leafs after a great start to the season.

thats what being a leafs fan is all about!!! lol

im a die hard leafs fan... have been my whole life. this is one of the best looking teams ive seen in a loooooong time.

the only fans that can talk playoofs and be made fun of, are leafs fans. if it was someone talkin about montreal, or ottawa or any other team in the league, there would be nuthin. ppl like to bash the leafs. it happens. fact of the matter is, through the first 3 games... they have been the best looking team in the NHL and theres no reason why that trend wont continue all season long. they have a good, young, fast, skilled group of players, one mean looking defence and 2 goalies who can play and steal a game away.

so, all u others, keep making fun... except for u habs and sens fans... win a game or 2 first, then talk trash.

thats what being a leafs fan is all about!!! lol

im a die hard leafs fan... have been my whole life. this is one of the best looking teams ive seen in a loooooong time.

the only fans that can talk playoofs and be made fun of, are leafs fans. if it was someone talkin about montreal, or ottawa or any other team in the league, there would be nuthin. ppl like to bash the leafs. it happens. fact of the matter is, through the first 3 games... they have been the best looking team in the NHL and theres no reason why that trend wont continue all season long. they have a good, young, fast, skilled group of players, one mean looking defence and 2 goalies who can play and steal a game away.

so, all u others, keep making fun... except for u habs and sens fans... win a game or 2 first, then talk trash.

Agreed......This is the best looking team the Leafs have iced in years.We KNOW its only three games in so to those who find the need to point that out,just allow us a bit of optimism would ya.As Leaf fans we are well aware they have stunk the joint out nightly for the last umpteen seasons.Once again is there really a need to point this out to us??Do you REALLY think we did not know this?There is an old saying "when one does not feel good about his position in life he looks to bring down those around him"So forget about the Leafs and concentrate on supporting your team ,you will find it far more enjoyable.

This right here is a quote from maple leafs.com. This is one of the reasons were so strong this year

• Korbinian Holzer was called up from the Marlies in time to practise, then fly to Ottawa. There was no locker assigned at practice, so Holzer sat on a chair in the middle of the dressing room, players and media walking around him. “That’s okay, I’d sit on the ground to play for the Toronto Maple Leafs,” said the defenceman, a fourth-round draft pick in 2006.