• Under 500
    • Miss the playoffs
    • Make the Playoffs
  2. 2. If they make the playoff

• Out in first round
    • Out in Second Round
    • Out in third round
    • Lose in Cup Finals
    • Win the Holy Grai l- yah right(don;t even think about it)

They are the Leafs.

As always, they will be unbeatable in November, when it doesn't really matter, then fold up like a cheap tent in the new year, when every point counts. Then right at the end they will come alive, and do everything possible to avoid even getting a good draft pick.

Coaches, forwards, defense, goalies, management - none of it matters. They are the Leafs. They will find a way to blow it.

Again.

Take it to the bank.

Under 500, and watching the playoffs on TV like everyone else.

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

I am a huge Leafs fan...

But, if I had to bet on it, I would say they wouldn't make it.

However, they WILL be in the mix. They won't finish 15th again, but maybe somewhere between 7-10.

Edited by ADB

Guest Johnny Bass

Leafs will make the 3rd round of the playoffs. They will get rid of Caberle(for a forward) and Wilson(Especially).

Wilson says he does't want to play a defensive style like the other great leaf coaches. Sorry to break it to you Wilson? But defense wins stanley cups. Unless you have an overwhleming offence which is a defence of its own. But the leafs do not have an overwhelming offence. They need defence. You'd think Wilson would have figured this out after not having made the playoffs in how many years?

We have offence, we have defence and now we need a solid checking line. Shouldn't have gotten rid of Ponikarovsky.

I just missed the first 15 minutes of the first period but this year I will be watching the leafs again after many years. Looking forward to a great season.

Edited by Johnny Bass

Wilson says he does't want to play a defensive style like the other great leaf coaches. Sorry to break it to you Wilson? But defense wins stanley cups. Unless you have an overwhleming offence which is a defence of its own. But the leafs do not have an overwhelming offence. They need defence. You'd think Wilson would have figured this out after not having made the playoffs in how many years?

We have offence, we have defence and now we need a solid checking line. Shouldn't have gotten rid of Ponikarovsky.

This team has lots of defensive talent. Komi is playing his best yet as a leaf, Phaneuf I think is overhyped (especially after that extremely lengthy introduction!), but he is undisputably a talented player, Kaberle, who looks like he finally learned what offensive means, Beauchemin has been playing the body a lot more. I hope they all have a great season, and I'll agree that Kaberle should go, but not for cheap.

As for the O, so far their top line has outplayed checking lines and top O lines as well. The problem is, once they go off mistakes start to happen. I like Freddy Sju, but their checking line lacks a tough, gritty forward, like Maltby.

I'm a Leaf fan, but, I'd guess they will almost make the playoffs, I think you have to go to the bottom (and draft well) to get to the top, watch for the Oilers in 3 years, just like Chicago getting Toews and Kane, and Pittsburgh getting Crosby and Malkin, I don't think Kessel was worth what they gave up

3-1 Leafs over Habs right now, go Leafs go!

But Dutchy you're a Pens fan who cheers for the Flyers.......

I cheered for the flyers when they were playing who..........??? :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: Tell the whole story JJ.

Edited by Dutchy

I mean its not like we would expect the leafs to go from 29th to winning the cup. Realistically I would be happy if the leafs were fighting for a play off spot at the end of 82 games. If they get in thats a HUGE leap forward. This is my 2 year expectation. Then I would like to see them be a first round contender for 2 years. Once they are good enough to conend to win a first round anything can happen. In 4 years, Kadri and Schen will hopefully be dominant players.

Are they better than last year ??? Looks like it but we will see tonight Montreal was missing some key guys so will not go by win last night . Play offs still a year away , without any draft picks , maybe longer , long time laf I mean leaf fan ,I was alive to see their last cup , ya Im real old , Still I will watch every game and chear for them , but I feel my heart breaking again , will be fun to compare the results in this poll in march .. Go Leafs GO