Pigeon muskies from this weekend

Whitemikeca

Was out on Pigeon for some fall musky action for a half day on Saturday and then a full day yesterday. The fishing was a little slower than we had hoped but think I have a good pattern planned out for this upcoming weekend. Anyway, here are our results.

A little guy that Myphan caught while trolling. It was her first Muskie ever. Its hard to see in the photo but I think it's tail was bitten by another musky during the fight. It stopped fighting really quick and when we pulled it in it's tail was shreaded and bleeding profusly. When I put it back in the water it darted off quick. For some reason I cant get the picture to rotate. I looks fine in photobucket but it flips it when I add the line here.

photo2.jpg

Adam got this guy casting a spinner bait. It hit near the boat and nearly jumped in the boat during the fight.

photo.jpg

I got this guy casting a shallow raider. For the size he put up a monster fight. I though he was a lot bigger than he ended up being.

IMG_0042.jpg

Got this nice Pigeon brute trolling a believer over my favorate spot on the lake. Great fight.

IMG_0041.jpg

We got a few quick videos catching and releasing the last muskie using the iphone.

A little bit of the fight

The release

We caught one more muskie (around 40") but the picture was taken with another camera. I will try and get it and update the post.

At least someone had Kawartha Ski's in the boat....We went 0 for 5 hours on Sunday.

Good job, thanks for sharing!!

Saturday the conditions were great. We caught three fish in 4 hours. We had to cut the day short but I think we could have gotten a couple more had we stayed another couple hours. Monday the north east wind really threw us off. My normal tactics/areas seemed dead. Luckly we changed things up, slowed down and caught two fish and had another lost fish right by the boat towards the end of the day. Hopefully what I learned this weekend will help me out next weekend!

Saturday the conditions were great. We caught three fish in 4 hours. We had to cut the day short but I think we could have gotten a couple more had we stayed another couple hours. Monday the north east wind really threw us off. My normal tactics/areas seemed dead. Luckly we changed things up, slowed down and caught two fish and had another lost fish right by the boat towards the end of the day. Hopefully what I learned this weekend will help me out next weekend!

Sunday was that dumb NE wind too.

Hopefully what you learned this weekend will help you out next weekend, and give us another great report!

Thanks guys. I am heading up again this Friday. I have never really fished the North East end of the lake so I think I am going to try it this weekend. Looking at the GPS, there looks to be plenty of nice rock humps, shelves and shoals there which tend to be my fav types of spots. Hopefully it works out and I can post another report.

Mike

Just pay attention and be careful up in that north east corner Mike as some of those rocks are hidden just under the surface.

Best of luck with the muskies when you get up there.

Thanks for the heads up Lew. I have a navionics map chip and an old paper chart. Will I be able to see the rocks on these maps our are they not marked? I plan on trolling for about half the day over the 20+ foot areas targeting the 7-10 humps. I just hope there aren't any surprises :oops: