Finally

bigugli

Sometimes it gets downright frustrating reading the reports on the board about the great fishing. My turn.

The chaperon/son and I drove up to Orillia to meet up with CPH today. Left Niagara's stormy skies behind to be greeted by bluebird skies and calm. Any who know Steve will tell you he is a stand up guy and knows where to find a few fish. Well we found fish. Early in the day we caught this sow.

DSCN3204.jpg

Followed by a surprise.

DSCN3203.jpg

In the end Rob and I brought home 60 very sizeable perch.

DSCN3206.jpg

THank you for a great day out Steve.

Edited by bigugli

The pleasure was all mine Bruce, Fishing perch with friends on a beautiful fall day is about as good as it gets for me.

And thank you for the Salsa and pickles. I came home to the house smelling of homemade beef stew...which I gorged myself on :P ....so I haven't sampled any of your stuff yet. But if it is anything close to previous treasures you have given me...I don't imagine any of it will last until next weekend.

Any who know Steve will tell you he is a stand up guy and knows where to find a few fish. Well we found fish. Early in the day we caught this sow.

DSCN3204.jpg

Did you have to abide by Steve's boat rules and throw it back?..."Only perch in the 9 to 12 inch range can be kept"...That size are good spawners...

The biggest Steve and I did was a couple of 13+ inchers last week but we only kept 8 perch in the slot size for my wife and must have thrown back close to a hundred or more of all sizes...A fun day !

Edited by Beans

Did you have to abide by Steve's boat rules and throw it back?..."Only perch in the 9 to 12 inch range can be kept"

Beansie you know when I catch those ones they go back. But I never impose my standards on anyone else....especially if they give me salsa and pickles when they go out with me :thumbsup_anim:

Now if we fished together every weekend and lots of these fish where being kept...that's a whole other story....more salsa would be required to keep me silent :whistling:

Beansie you know when I catch those ones they go back. But I never impose my standards on anyone else....especially if they give me salsa and pickles when they go out with me :thumbsup_anim:

Now if we fished together every weekend and lots of these fish where being kept...that's a whole other story....more salsa would be required to keep me silent :whistling:

So you're telling me you're an easy bribe... :jerry: