Pink don't stink...for walleye

Rod Caster

Nice fish! You look familiar, have you ever lived in North Bay?

I also thought that you looked familiar and thought that I've see you in the fishing department in Wal-Mart.

I'd say 2-3 years ago.....Hmmmm small world...

very nice Pink'Eye. :thumbsup_anim:

Randy

:canadian:

I also thought that you looked familiar and thought that I've see you in the fishing department in Wal-Mart.

Randy

Very possible. I always find my way back to North Bay no matter where I live or work. That being said, I always find my way to the fishing section too!!

If anybody here makes 1/8-1/4 oz bucktail jigs please PM me. I snagged this one and have been searching for a replacement (not as easy as I thought), I'd buy 10 or 20 jigs if someone is interested.

Very possible. I always find my way back to North Bay no matter where I live or work. That being said, I always find my way to the fishing section too!!

If anybody here makes 1/8-1/4 oz bucktail jigs please PM me. I snagged this one and have been searching for a replacement (not as easy as I thought), I'd buy 10 or 20 jigs if someone is interested.

Wouldn't steelhead jigs be similar to these? they usually come in pink

Randy

Randy,

I'm sure you have seen me there too then. :good:

I couldn't remember a face that I saw breifly 2-3 years ago? Besides were you looking at customers or tackle?

Rod Caster you do look familiar though. Man North Bay is a small place.

Guest Johnny Bass

I assume you were just swimming the jig?

I took the advice of a OFNer and made my own. Not sure if there is pink bucktail, but with $20 you can make 50 of them or more.

You need bucktail($6).Crazy glue($2-3) or clear nail polish(dollar store). Thread($3-4). That thing that you hold the thread in(bobinholder)($3-4). Some jig heads(varies). And a vice.

There are some great bucktail tying vids on youtube.

I assume you were just swimming the jig?

I took the advice of a OFNer and made my own. Not sure if there is pink bucktail, but with $20 you can make 50 of them or more.

You need bucktail($6).Crazy glue($2-3) or clear nail polish(dollar store). Thread($3-4). That thing that you hold the thread in(bobinholder)($3-4). Some jig heads(varies). And a vice.

There are some great bucktail tying vids on youtube.

I was dancing it off bottom while reeling back to shore. I keep the rod tip moving at all times...it reduces snags and taunts the walleye.

Not a bad idea JohnnyB. I make my own spinners so why not my own bucktails. I'll look into those vids.

I don't like calling it this, but if I tell my GF we are doing "crafts" she always helps out! hehe she's so sweet.

It was over the slot size so I couldn't keep it. It was near 54 cms. I agree it looks delish!

I Love Slot Sizing!!! Personally I would of put that fish back, slot size or no slot size in the area...A little big for me personally to eat...but great fish, and great release!!

On a side note, in my studdies of Walleye, I have read that any larger size fish would be a female, I rarely keep any walleye over 17 inches, brecause of this! True???....Good job Bud!!!

Guest Manitoubass

Beauty walleye Rod Caster :thumbsup_anim:

Pink or chartreuse..... those two colors are a sure shot ;):)

Thanks for sharing

Leechman

Add black to that list as well

While you're there look for your name on the wall and an OFC Hat :whistling::ninja:

Randy

It's still there and he's been there too. His "stuff" is on the wall. When you coming again? Maybe I'll print yours on the computer this time instead of using my crayons :tease:

Michael