Worm Blowers

Steve_R

It's so hard for me to post an honest answer here, but I will...

seriously.......i must be really out of the loop.

It's to inflate the worm to be bigger then it is and to help keep it off bottom. It's a ***** for worms? ;)

It's so hard for me to post an honest answer here, but I will...

It's to inflate the worm to be bigger then it is and to help keep it off bottom. It's a ***** for worms? wink.gif

ok. i get it. never heard of anything like that. just seemed silly. not trying to be childish.dunno.gif i'll have to learn more about it,and when to use this technic.

Back in the late 60's and early 70's Al Linder and a magazine called "Fishing Facts" promoted "worm blowing" to lift a worm slightly off the bottom using a "Lindy rig". My loacal CTC store had a discount bin with a few worm blowers in it resently.

I've used them many years ago but after stabbing myself a few times I gave it up. Slip bobbers , light florocarbon leaders and smaller hooks are just as effective if not better for fishing WORMS. Properly rigged and presented I can drift a worm much easier with a slip bobber at any depth that I coud using a Lindy type rig. I also get a lot few snags that way too.

muddler

actually this fish came on an inflated worm, early spring cold water, from a farm pond. The fish weren`t taking lures, my brother had brought along some crawlers and was fishing for the huge bluegill in the pond.

I put on a slip bobber set so the weight would drag the bottom, tied on about an 18 mono leader and a #6 eagle claw hook. Hooked the crawler once through the nose, shot some air into it to keep it off the bottom.

A cold breezy day, I didn`t see a hit, the bobber just stopped drifting, it was enough for me to decide on a hook set.

as I recall 19 inch 4# 15 ounces, actually had it weighed at the corner store by mom`s house. 30 years ago? they still looked big then. It went into mom`s goldfish pond, lasted all year but the winter freeze was too much for it. One of the last fish I had mounted.

Lindy made the worm blowers, maybe some other outfits too? It does help keep the bait out of junk and visible.

Paul`s picture 009.jpg

Does anyone Know where l can find a worm blower in London l went to cdn tire no luck and walmart... :wallbash:

If you can't find one I'll give you one out of my tackle box. I'm in east London.Oh ya,only thing is I'll be out for the weekend as of tonight so if you need it right away well.......

Next time you are at your doctor's office, ask for a syringe. It works the best. I believe you can get them at BassPro if you want one. Basically it is a little bottle with a needle on it, you stick it in the worm and stuff it full of air so it floats off the bottom. Works great with a Lindy rig for walleye fishing the northern lakes.

Next time you are at your doctor's office, ask for a syringe. It works the best. I believe you can get them at BassPro if you want one. Basically it is a little bottle with a needle on it, you stick it in the worm and stuff it full of air so it floats off the bottom. Works great with a Lindy rig for walleye fishing the northern lakes.

I use them for steelhead fishing when im fishing the mouths of tribs...