Canadian made, let's make a list

Dave Bailey

• 1 month later...

My good friend and crafter of most of my "made in Caledonia" reels seats.

http://www.jccustomtackle.com/

What about adding Fishing-related clothing companies?

WooDoo Customs & FishBum are both Canadian and make AMAZING clothing.

Oh and let's not forget Custom Centerpin Reels by Rob Marqutte.

http://www.greybruce...riverkeeper.php

All added!

Do you have any more info on them? I found what appears to be a web site, but it's rather generic, with lots of different suppliers on it.

The reels are machined in Toronto. There's a few different models but the 2 main types are the regular drag model & the Anti-reverse model. They are not cheap (and they're a little heavier than other reels) but they're one of the very few reels that just feel right in my hands.

A pair that I use

IMG_5461.jpg

Edited by MJL

The reels are machined in Toronto. There's a few different models but the 2 main types are the regular drag model & the Anti-reverse model. They are not cheap (and they're a little heavier than other reels) but they're one of the very few reels that just feel right in my hands.

Do you have a link, or any other contact info?

• 5 months later...

I like this thread and support Canadian made as much as possible, I'm a little puzzled by the few comments that seem to think it dosen't matter. Especially the one that questions the human right issues from China.

Oh, let's not open up that can of worms again. :P

Walker downriggers should not be on the list...

1. They sold the downrigger division this year back to a US company. I believe Burts bought it.

2. The riggers where never actually made in canada. They assembled them in a plant in Stayner but the bulk of the rigger is built in china.

They now focus on there deeper diver sales, good product but also not made in canada. Just distributed by a canadian company..

They also have a hunting division quigley bows and scopes I believe.

I know Scotty down riggers is already listed but they are one of the best examples of a pure canadian business there is. Every part that is on a Scotty rigger is made in Canada. In fact almost every part on the rigger is made directly in the Scotty Plastics factory. With the exception of the new digital counters ( made in Canada however) and the stainless bolts ( also made in canada)

In 60 years they have never sold out or out sourced to China... Its actually amazing.

Beyond downriggers Scotty also makes many other products. The egg incubators they make are used all over north america to help keep producing fish for the future.

Rod holders, tons of new paddle sports products,products for fire departments for making connections to hydrants quicker and easier for firefighters. They also produce many products for other companies in canada and the US.