Canadian made, let's make a list

Dave Bailey

By giving the name, are you endorsing the manuacturer? If so, Ugliboyz baits...

Inclusion doesn't imply endorsement of anyone or anything, just that they're Canadian. That company is already on the list but I'm not personally familiar with them. Is there some sort of problem with them that I should know about?

[quote name=

ketchenany' date='09 September 2010 - 12:50 PM' timestamp='1284051048' post='502676]

Speil Custom Rods

LOL....Well I can honestly say they're assembled in here Canada unfortunately a lot of the components I use are not. :(

I know he's on this board, can't find a web site.

I don't have a website Dave, just word of mouth and that keeps me fairly busy. :)

Inclusion doesn't imply endorsement of anyone or anything, just that they're Canadian. That company is already on the list but I'm not personally familiar with them. Is there some sort of problem with them that I should know about?

None at all, I would give them a ringing endorsement!

Handlebarz musky lures

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=150767838267828

I have been making them for a few years now but just started to sell them to stores this year I do offer OFC discount and can meet up with members some where between Windsor and Barrie for delivery to save on shipping. Feel free to join my facebook group.

Cheers Mike

When I started this I had no idea that there were so many manufacturers in Canada, and I find it gratifying. Many are small 'cottage industries', but that's fine, I would rather see my money go directly to a small business than some international conglomerate.

Now, I realise that it isn't possible for many of these to be 100% Canadian from start to finish, but I don't have the time and resources to determine where the iron was mined and smelted into steel, and where that steel was turned into a hook or a sheet from which a spoon pattern was cut. As long as the end product was basically manufactured here that's okay with me. Some, like Legend boats, I have left off because I am led to understand that it is only the assembly that is done here - that might be acceptable for a small garage operation but a major manufacturer has to do better than that for inclusion on my list. In the end it will often be a judgment call, and I am open to discussion. Thanks to all who have contributed so far, and keep supporting Canada!