Sensational August (And this weekend) -picture heavy

cowanjo

I would start by thanking all who helped a newcomer to canada really find a passion here, all were released to swim another day - cannot thank the guys who told me to get wire cutters. They are used on nearly every fish in lieu of hand grenade in mouths which I see often

Lets start with the weekend just past - all I can say is - rough and scary at times. My new boat really got a workout. For all those who responded earlier this year - the smokercraft is an awesome stable boat - Fished with my mate Terry and the wire cutters were in overdrive

2010_07230004.jpg

We got out after lunch on Saturday - wow tough conditions - could not hold position to much swell and wave so decided trolling way to go - caught this one about moon rise at 2pm

2010_09040007.jpg

Terry chimed in later - good to see the lake in such health

2010_09040011-1.jpg

and he kept providing

2010_09040009.jpg

What a great weekend. I havent posted in a while - I shared some great times with Ryan (First Muskie), Gary (First this year),Kevin and Lee (Many but has got the bug back in 2010) here is August update for you - note Mark also fished with me but he is still wearing a black and white jersey (for those who know me you should understand this

Gary and his first of 2010

2010_08110020.jpg

Ryan amd his first ever - not the scared look after i have netted cut out the hooks and handed over said fish

2010_09040003.jpg

Terry Multiple - I am too nice a host to him!

2010_07230040.jpg

2010_07230029.jpg

2010_07230044.jpg

2010_07230027.jpg

Now to my month - more difficult fish by myself sometimes - quick snap when they are in the net or hopefully by the boat if easily unhooked some also with my friends above - I know some of these will look very dark - for those who know me I follow the solunar tables - so i am out there deep into the night

I liked this one note the free lure thrown in!

2010_07230005.jpg

2010_09040006.jpg

2010_08110018.jpg

2010_07230041.jpg

2010_07230017.jpg

I can not forget Lee

2010_06050060.jpg

Or Kevin

2010_06130006.jpg

I also had some great fun fishing for other species with Gary (note there were a great number of mossies

2010_07230024.jpg

garywalleye2.jpg

A very good thread and great pics of very nice fish, thank you for sharing. People will not catch more fish by looking at the moon data on weather channels. Things like full moon, new moon etc will not help. If you're really interested in how it all comes together, get yourself a book by John Aldon Knight...one of them is called "Moon Up, Moon Down". Moon phases are just a part of many things coming together to form a pattern. It works.

A very good thread and great pics of very nice fish, thank you for sharing. People will not catch more fish by looking at the moon data on weather channels. Things like full moon, new moon etc will not help. If you're really interested in how it all comes together, get yourself a book by John Aldon Knight...one of them is called "Moon Up, Moon Down". Moon phases are just a part of many things coming together to form a pattern. It works.

Roy is absolutely right there is more science too this, I was taught when my uncle had a prawn trawler in South West Rocks (Kinchela) Australia - add some weather and knowledge and get out there late in the dark it is truly scary and amazing to hear a splash in the dark. this is my third year fishing muskie and my logs are the most beneficial piece of information i have coupled with a great knowledge of my lake. The nice part is that as usual iphone has really helped out - it is not about moon up or down but the solunar tables. I use an iphone app - I dont want to plug them here - good luck to all

• 2 weeks later...