Chromeage

highdrifter

Hey gang,

Was cruising with a good pal yesterday trying to find some saturday night action.. We ended hooking up with some other TRCA buds for a poker game and a morning of chinny slayin!

First fish of the day and my only fish was a bright bullet that smacked a rusty rat on a swing.. What a dime!! :thumbsup_anim:

SDC10844.jpg?t=1283731599

Mark got into the action too. His better fish and a nice and fresh one at that.

SDC10849.jpg?t=1283731775

SDC10850.jpg?t=1283731868

Rob was the one with the magic drift... I lost count of how many fish this crazy bugger layed into.

By the by, all fish were legit. Whether or not they were actually hitting our flies is subject to debate, but none were flossed.

SDC10851.jpg?t=1283733195

SDC10852.jpg?t=1283732242

Bring on the steeeeeel.

cheers

HD

Edited by Highdrifter

LOL. Was afraid of that!!

Thanks sug.

Hey, I think its great hon, your not "in" someone's back yard. To be able to fish in the city like that is great! I wish I had a river like that near me, I'd be there all the time :thumbsup_anim:

Well done!

We got into a whackload yesterday as well.(Currently icing down my right arm. :)).

Not overly chromy, but man they're a lot of fun to catch.

We'll have to get together for some serious chromage later this fall.

SalmonSept2010007.jpg

It's already shaping up to be wicked year for steel. We'll be in touch!

Looks like a great day out guys but I'm skeptical that this fish is a Chinook.

Without a better picture I'm guessing Atlantic or perhaps an early run Coho, thoughts?

Oh crap not again! I'll dig up another shot of this fish that gives it a better profile. Figured between the four of us we had a pretty good idea of what it was. Definetly not an atlantic.

In this case the leading ray on the anal fin only went a third of the length of the fin. The ray on cohos extends two thirds of the fin and the atlantic's runs the full length..

Without a close-up of the anal fin it's almost impossible for a positive ID, but it just didn't have the profile of a salar.

This link helped big time. Might be a good idea to add it to the list of OFC links for others to use also.

atlantic or chinook