Fishfinder question

Fisherpete

I have a Humminbird portable unit that lost its tranducer (suction cup released + prop = chop). Could I splice this unit into my current Humminbird 525's transducer cable rather than having to buy another transducer? Can two units run off of one transducer? Somehow methinks not...

I have a Humminbird portable unit that lost its tranducer (suction cup released + prop = chop). Could I splice this unit into my current Humminbird 525's transducer cable rather than having to buy another transducer? Can two units run off of one transducer? Somehow methinks not...

Not sure about the ducers,but all the plugs should be the same.I use my old hum100 base and power cable for my 535 portable.

Call lebarons,they have a decent stock and on the packages its labelled,which ducers are compatible with what units.

Since you brought it up,Im going to try my 100 ducer on my 535 unit,and see what happens!If it works,im using it for ice fishing!wink.gif as a spare!

for some units you can buy a switch.....they have been making shielded antenna switches for years and years and this is far less power....

for that matter you can put quick switch connectors on the cables and just switch lines quickly

here one but it does one unit but can switch between two transducers

no reason why it would not work in reverse

http://radioworld.ca/product_info.php?cPath=4_96&products_id=6278

hum-ts2w_m.jpg

Edited by Terry

yeah so he wants to run 2 fishfinders off one transducer and as I have said and I have done yes you can as long as you only run one at a time

what is it you think I am missing here

2 fishfinders

one transducer

one splitter box and run whichever one you want

yeah so he wants to run 2 fishfinders off one transducer and as I have said and I have done yes you can as long as you only run one at a time

what is it you think I am missing here

2 fishfinders

one transducer

one splitter box and run whichever one you want

shoot,sorry terry,i figured he was running one finder!My apologiesoops.gif

Without a splitter switch where you can direct the transducer's signal to only one unit it's not possible.

Now if it was a modern Lowrance unit then YES...but that's because of Lowrance's software and a Ethernet connection between the two units. Then you can even choose of two different transducers either running each unit independently or just one transducer running both units. I have this set up on my boat with two Lowrance LMS 520c units, one at the console and one at the bow with one transducer on the transom and other one on the trolling motor. Both are also networked together using Lowrance's NMEA2000 network system. This way if you punch in a waypoint let's say at the bow it's also automatically enter into the console unit. Now if they could only get these things make the fish bite... :good: