boat upgrade or not?

Guest nuker

i have a 2004 princecraft super pro 186 platinum with a merc 150 optimax

do you think selling my princecraft to get a 2004 lund fisherman 1800 with a 175 opti is a reasonable idea?

i figure i can sell my boat for what it will cost me to get the lund.

they have similar features... fish/ski options.

looking for input on quality, rough water ride.

I know a guy with that lund and he has a 200 on it. He loves it, super solid in the rough water. Heuses it to fish Bass Tournaments, he never come's in earlier when the waves start to pound. I have seen him pounding through some rough water in it. They are real nice boats, but really your not going up all that much in boat usage options. They are essentially going to fill the same purpose.

i have a 2004 princecraft super pro 186 platinum with a merc 150 optimax

do you think selling my princecraft to get a 2004 lund fisherman 1800 with a 175 opti is a reasonable idea?

i figure i can sell my boat for what it will cost me to get the lund.

they have similar features... fish/ski options.

looking for input on quality, rough water ride.

i'm digging to find reasons why.

my princecraft now is in great shape. got it last fall with only 50 hrs on the motor. i had to add 2 new batteries, trolling motor and bow mounted fishfinder.

the lund i'm looking at has everything i have now, but a 175 opti vs my 150. and it looks cool. not sure about the motor guide troller though...

i'm waiting to hear back with motor hours.

basically, i can sell my boat, use that money and buy this next one. and i didn't pay tax on the princecraft... they didnt' ask. i also didn't get anything in the mail... yet.

it seems it's not much of an upgrade based on what i'm hearing here.

i'm thinking the lund will provide better performance. not just in motor power, but in hull performance in smooth and rough water. i'm starting to like speed. i'm getting 45 mph with 2 people on board. low 50's would be nice...

i appreciate the feedback, feel free to bash me if you think i need it ;)

take your gps with you. I would think your gonna see similar speeds. Just ask the guys what prop pitch is has. Both boats are gonna have similar baseline performance. so unless he can runn a higher pitch prop your gonna see roughly the same speed. You may get out of the whole faster with the extra 25 ponies but top end....unless you can running more prop I don't think you will see much. It may be better for pulling skiers out of the water though.

Of course if you want a Lund, you will never be totally happy with anything else. The only thing I would go away from my lund is a fully on bass boat.

Edited by jedimaster

Lund makes a good product but it is not the best for all conditions. After 15 years of owning bass boats I downsized to a 17 ft Lund Angler. Had it for 5 years now. A very versatile boat but it is definately not a good rough water boat. Gets tedious having to wear rain gear in moderate chop all the time. (I've always regretted trading in the bass boat.) Just wondering...Is an 18ft Fisherman even rated for a 175 hp? I would suggest you take time with your decision.

seems i got humped good on the lund deal. drove down to test the boat sunday. came home and sold my boat, but then the seller of the lund made a deal with another person. now i'm boatless.

i see a smokercraft for sale. 2007 192 millentia with a 150 e-tec. anyone have experience with smokercraft and e-tec's? they look nicely laid out and the interior is nice. wondering if they have good hull design for dry ride, holeshot and quick planing.

i've got money to spend, and i need a boat!

seems i got humped good on the lund deal. drove down to test the boat sunday. came home and sold my boat, but then the seller of the lund made a deal with another person. now i'm boatless.

i see a smokercraft for sale. 2007 192 millentia with a 150 e-tec. anyone have experience with smokercraft and e-tec's? they look nicely laid out and the interior is nice. wondering if they have good hull design for dry ride, holeshot and quick planing.

i've got money to spend, and i need a boat!

Man that's brutal, hope it works out for you.

Seems as though you created the mess you're in though.