Battery spill

CRAPPIE

I need some help. My deep cycle battery laid down and spill to my car carpet and made big mark on the carpet. What should I do to take off the mark. Also what type of water should I refill the battery? Thanks on advance for help

I don't think anything will return the color to the original. I think you will be luck for the carpet to stay in one piece. Refill with distilled water.

Shoppers sells distilled water. Your battery may not be the same though. Usually water is added to top the battery up after loosing water due to evaporation. If you spilled a significant amount of acid and you re-fill it, your battery will be full of water instead of acid. If you only spilled a little it may not be too much of a problem.

No Frills or Fortinos has it but come in 18 L plastic bottles for water cooler.

or you can make your own

http://www.ehow.com/how_4728943_own-distilled-water.html

I believe you can use you can use water that is coming off your air conditioner but I may be wrong.

I just went to other Shopper and it only has vapour distilled water, is this vapour distilled water ok to fill the battery?

Thanks again

you'll want lots of water and then some baking soda to neutralise the acid . If you dont clean it up it well it'll eat away at the carpet and metal.

Refill with distilled water only and recharge

and refill with acid?it won't hold a charge with just distilled water

Can I add Spring Water? what is the different between Spring and Distilled Water?

Thanks again!

distilled is boiled water and collected after it turns to steam!

If you buy an 18 L jug it will cost you 4.99 +10.00 deposit at no frills – when you bring it back you get your 10.00 back.

Can I add Spring Water? what is the different between Spring and Distilled Water?

Thanks again!

Spring water, uh definitely NO!

Go to any pharmacy and you should be able to get a gallon (ok 4 liter?) jug for a couple of bucks.

But to be honest if it was me I'd go to any outlet that sells batteries (automotive centers, garages) and ask them to fill it up with battery acid, most should have it, as batteries to the best of my knowledge are shipped dry.

Thanks again!

Spring water has disolved solids while distilled is pure water, i.e. two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom H2O. I can't speak for Canadian stores but in the states every super market and big box store along with many others has distilled water. It won't spoil so you can use the left over to replace the water that evaporates as time passes. Go to a battery shop and see if you need to add some acid. For the water you are only talking $1.50 for a 3 or 4 year supply. My last post to this topic.