Muskoka Area Report

ADB

This past weekend I fished a cottage in the Muskoka Area. The bass were on fire to say the least.

In the late morning I hit a fish off of an island with an x-rap. I then had two more short-strike on my spinnerbait. Knowing the fish were in the area, I slowed down. I nailed one a stick worm, and three more slow trolling with the x-rap. I was fishing alone at this point, so excuse the quality of the pictures.

100_1329.jpg

100_1330.jpg

100_1331.jpg

This one was the fattest of the bunch...maybe in the 3 lb range:

100_1333.jpg

I also tagged a couple of the dock with the x-rap. One even coffed up a plastic worm:

100_1334.jpg

100_1339.jpg

After some lunch and some rest, I ventured back out around 7:00. Armed with a skitter-pop, I hit fish everywhere I turned. Throughout the night I caught around 20 fish, and must have missed or lost at least 10 more. Of those fish, only one was caught on something besides the popper - a worm - and most of the fish were over 1lb.

The only worm fish:

100_1351.jpg

100_1352.jpg

100_1353.jpg

Great largie:

100_1358.jpg

Nice release shot:

100_1359.jpg

100_1362.jpg

This smallie was pretty dark:

100_1370.jpg

100_1372.jpg

Most of the fish, without exception, would hit the popper after two pops. I would cast as close to shore as possible, two pops, and a pause. That would usually enough to do it.

100_1365.jpg

I hope you enjoyed.

Edited by ADB

beauty fish, and looks like light tackle. I bet they gave a good run or two before they hit the boatthumbsup_anim.gif

Not too light...spinning rods were medium action, and rigged with 8 lb test. But yeah, some of the smallies made some incredible jumps.

• 3 weeks later...

were those caught recently? says 2006

Yeah, caught just a few days before the report...for some reason the camera (my mom's) was set to have a date stamp and, obviously, the date was set incorrectly.

No ice* fishing for me lol.

Edited by ADB