Perseid meteor shower (nf)

ehg

Last night i saw a couple of very bright shooting stars, right here in downtown Toronto.

The Perseid meteor shower is starting. The peak is to be around 4-5 am(lew o'clock) Friday.

Anytime it is dark and clear the next few days it is worth a look. Especially away from city lights.

Just a heads up!

Cheers :thumbsup_anim:

A group of us were at a cottage on the West Arm of Nippissing last August during the meteor shower and it was great sitting outside in near total darkness watching it.

Fantastic show of Mother Nature at her finest. :thumbsup_anim:

We're heading back up there again this Saturday but may not see it this year because of the date and also the clouds and rain their predicting.

Definetely worth watching if anyone has the chance !!

If you are outside and it is clear next couple of days Lew, you should see the meteors where you are. Saw some last night, in the city here, after dusk even.

its starting to get dark here now and not a cloud in the sky....maybe ill sit outside int eh heat for a few hours...

thanks for the heads up....cheers

there is another event that is happening on the 27th of August...it will look like two moons ...hopefully it will be clear that night ..

Edited by Twocoda

A group of us were at a cottage on the West Arm of Nippissing last August during the meteor shower and it was great sitting outside in near total darkness watching it.

We're heading back up there again this Saturday but may not see it this year because of the date and also the clouds and rain their predicting.

LEW, heads up. Don't worry about the Meteor Showers, go get the lunker we missed a few weeks ago around Pine Creek! All we caught were baby pikes and a 26" but a VERY big boy came up to the boat in 4' of water...It sat beside the boat and stared at every lure and figure 8 we could show it. It got bored and went right over to our other boat to tease them too. Couldn't believe 2 separate boats saw it over 50 feet apart...

Very dark here with clear skies this morning so I took my coffee out to the back deck about 3:45 and sat for the next hour watching the light show and it was well worth it.

I counted 41 meteors, 5 satellites and 1 bat

Great way to start the day :thumbsup_anim:

Very dark here with clear skies this morning so I took my coffee out to the back deck about 3:45 and sat for the next hour watching the light show and it was well worth it.

I counted 41 meteors, 5 satellites and 1 bat

Great way to start the day :thumbsup_anim:

41 meteors! sad that i missed it.

what time do you go to bed, Lew?

Guest gbfisher

I counted 25 in an hour just passed 1am down here in the city. Was somewhat hazy but there was no mistaking them when they went by. Was nice to see.

I had no idea this was going on and we were in Restoule. Friday night my boy and I were looking at the stars and saw them non stop, it was Awesome!

Me too. Spent most nights sitting on a big rock at cottage watching them flying all over the place. Must have seen over 20 one night.