OOS bass pic, please don't flame me

Dave Bailey

Did a wee bit of fishing back on the Easter weekend and after seeing another post where an OOS bass pic was posted I have decided to post this one. The general consensus in the other thread was that a quick pic of a PB isn't something we should get too upset about, so I've dragged this one out of the files. Herewith I present a catch that weighs about twice my daughter's weight, and of a common and often caught species. Ladies and gentlemen, here is her 170lb Loudmouth bass:

Loudmouthbass25pc.jpg

A hearty thanks to the good folks at Orillia Soldier's Memorial Hospital for removing the hook. And fie on those who said I should have left it in and gone punk. Meagan now knows to look behind her before casting, and I know to stand out of the way at the same time. :whistling:

Wow, that picture brought back some memories from when I was a kid.

I might have been around seven years old and I was camping with my grandparents at a local conservation area in Wainfleet/Wellandport Ontario when I met a young kid like myself who was fishing the same lake as me, but I was using a hook and sinker with worms and he was using a Rapala Husky Jerk lure.

I was curious if he was actually catching anything other than sunfish and when he went to cast we could only see his line blowing in the light breeze in front of us and the lure never hit the water in front of us, and there was no trees around, when all of a sudden he says "Ummm, Is that my lure stuck on your ear?" and sure enough as I go to feel my ear, it indeed was, I had three treble hooks stuck in my ear. lol

The funny thing is I never even felt the lure hit me, but I sure as heck felt my grandfather trying to remove them with a pair of pliers for about a half hour until finally the park ranger decided to pipe up and say, "maybe we should bring him to the hospital" lol

Sorry for the rant, haha

Hope your ear has healed up good Dave Bailey, Mine sorta did...haha.

Guest LivingLegend

That's one old bass... I'd toss it back, probably tastes horrible! thumbsup_anim.gif

hahaha that sucks, at least everyone earned a valuable lesson and no one lost an eye!

U never know, alittle fish crisp and it could be tasty.........blink.gifohmy.gifdevil.gif

Guest Johnny Bass

OUCH is right! I almost got hooked(in the ear too!) on my last fishing outing. Lucky the hook barely was grazing the skin! Makes me have second thoughts about giving my kids lures! I think they will have to do with bobber and worm for a long time!!

Cut the line off, clean with Alc. prep. pad and push through past the barb. Wear one week then cut off end with the barb and put any earing you want in to "fit in" with the kids. Ahh, the joys of fishing with kids... ;)

Cut the line off, clean with Alc. prep. pad and push through past the barb. Wear one week then cut off end with the barb and put any earing you want in to "fit in" with the kids. Ahh, the joys of fishing with kids... ;)

Yeah, the doctor was chuckling about that, he said "You know there are people out there paying good money to have this done on purpose?"