First time in 25 years of fishing !!!

camillj

Wow ... I never really stopped to think about the fact that I have not fished in over 25 years without the pleasure of at least one and normally two packs of smokes .... was quite an experience out on the ice today... even though I was totally skunked ... there was a real fear that my beloved sport wouldnt work without the smokes ... Well ... I made it through a full day on the ice (including 2 1/2 hr drive each way) .... lets just leave it at that .... now gotta look forward to the first day on a trib and .... first day on a boat ... **shakes head ** .... one step at a time :)

Awesome job Jon. Talk about dedication and a strong will. That drive up there and back isn't all that short of a measure, that's for sure. Sorry to hear about the skunk. Even though the skunk stinks, the smell doesn't last forever. When the weather is good, fish or no fish, you can't beat the great experience of the outdoors. Like I said before, make the things you look forward to the most worth the sacrifice. Stay strong.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Good on ya.

I cant seem to get it.I can go all day (leave the pack at home) at work,then once I get home,puff away.

no worries

the only sports that is better with smokes are

drinking and boozing and swilling

And your point is...............................................

Congrats Camillj.Set goals as you have done, i.e first day on a stream,on a boat etc.Don't give in until you reach those goals and by then it will be even more bearable.I just passed 17 months myself after a pack+/day for 24 years.You are certainly capable of losing the smokes, and gaining 25 lbs.Its worth it Camillj,you'll feel better and fish longer.Best of luck.

Congrats, one step at a time.

Think about all the money you are saving without buying those one or two packs an outing, save it up and spend it on something fishing related, whether it's a new rod & reel, more tackle, or a guided trip you might not have taken otherwise.

Keep it up,

Mike