I'VE DIED AND GONE TO HEAVEN

mercman

1ST OF ALL, LET ME EXPLAIN. I LOVE FISHIN, BUT HAVE NOT DONE IT FOR MANY YEARS, FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER. IN 2008 MY BROTHER BOUGHT A RANGER BASS BOAT. LAST YEAR HE WENT TO THE FISHING AND HUNTING SHOW IN OTTAWA, AND WON THE DOOR PRIZE. A PRINCECRAFT 14FT FISHERMAN AND A MERCURY 8HP 4 STROKE MOTOR. CALLED ME UP AND ASKED IF I WANTED IT. WELL DUHHH !!!!!!!!!! SO I SAID YES, IN A HEARTBEAT, HUNG UP THE PHONE, AND THEN REALIZED....DAMN, HOW IN HELL AM I GONNA TELL THE WIFE. DON'T EVEN KNOW IF SHE LIKES FISHING, AND WHAT IF SHE DOESN'T, THEN HOW WILL SHE REACT IF I GO TOO OFTEN, AND HOW MANY FRIENDS DO I HAVE WHO CAN GO WITH ME AND SO ON AND SO ON...

WELL, PICKED UP THE BOAT ON JULY 1, SHE WAS A LITTLE LEARY ON THE WHOLE THING. TOOK HER OUT, GOT BOTH OF US SET UP NICELY WITH GEAR, TOOK THE BOATER SAFETY COURSE, PASSED WITH 97%. WENT FISHING LAST WEEK WITH HER. SHE CAUGHT A 8 IN PERCH, AND NOW SHE'S HOOKED ON THE WHOLE CONCEPT !!! I HAVE MY OWN FISHIN BUDDY !!!!!!

AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF, ITS MY 55TH BIRTHDAY NEXT WEEK ON WEDNESDAY AND SHE BOUGHT ME A MINNKOTA ENDURA, WITH A CHARGER AND MARINE BATTERY. MAN AM I A LUCKY DUDE !!!!!

ONLY SET BACK NOW, IS GONNA BE GETTING HER TO LEAVE STUFF AT HOME. I SWEAR, WHEN SHE GOES ON THE WATER, WE HAVE EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK WITH US. DRINKS, IPOD AND A LITTLE SPEKER STE SHE BOUGHT LAST WEEK, KLEENEX, BANDAIDS, DRINK HOLDERS THAT CLIP ON THE SIDE RAILS OF THE BOAT, UMBRELLA, JACKETS, COOLER, CHEWING GUN, SANDWICHES, FOLDING CUPS......GONNA HAVE TO GET A BIGGER BOAT SOON. BUT UNTIL THEN, I GET TO FISH ANYTIME I WANT. YIPPEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIGHT LINES TO ALL OF YOU

PAUL

That "CHEWING GUN" could put a halt on your parade....LOL

BTW......it's considered SHOUTING when you use all capitals... :wallbash:

But anyways....good luck fishing and ask your brother if he'll buy me a lottery ticket for good luck... :thumbsup_anim:

Bob

That "CHEWING GUN" could put a halt on your parade....LOL

BTW......it's considered SHOUTING when you use all capitals... :wallbash:

But anyways....good luck fishing and ask your brother if he'll buy me a lottery ticket for good luck... :thumbsup_anim:

Bob

lucky you.......I sould see if my brother has an extra boat

as said it's hard to read all capital letters and is considered YELLING

lucky you.......I sould see if my brother has an extra boat

as said it's hard to read all capital letters and is considered YELLING

sorry....unsure.gif I,m at work, and my system works in caps.....i wouldnt yell at you guys.thumbsup_anim.gif

Alot of older data systems require all caps!

Hell I'd be shouting if I got a free boat thats almost brand new!

I'D BE SHOUTING TO THE ROOFTOPS IF MY WIFE SAID "HEY SWEETIE LETS GO FISHING"!

Congrats and happy birthday! :clapping:

Guest LivingLegend

Man..... cant even get my wife into a boat, oh well sometimes ya need the space, get out there and clear ur head....

Hey where can i get some chewing gun, what flavors?............sarcasm.gifrolleyes.gif

ONLY SET BACK NOW, IS GONNA BE GETTING HER TO LEAVE STUFF AT HOME. I SWEAR, WHEN SHE GOES ON THE WATER, WE HAVE EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK WITH US. DRINKS, IPOD AND A LITTLE SPEKER STE SHE BOUGHT LAST WEEK, KLEENEX, BANDAIDS, DRINK HOLDERS THAT CLIP ON THE SIDE RAILS OF THE BOAT, UMBRELLA, JACKETS, COOLER, CHEWING GUN, SANDWICHES, FOLDING CUPS......GONNA HAVE TO GET A BIGGER BOAT SOON. BUT UNTIL THEN, I GET TO FISH ANYTIME I WANT. YIPPEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep! Ya have to put up with that, she must be a Virgo...cause my wife is the same. Problem is if she's right about one of those things and you said leave it home you'll never, ever, live it down.

Enjoy the boat and your new fishing buddy.

Congrats for sure and if your around here you will find out that some times we need to YELL at TERRY to get him going in the am :whistling: JK

If I were you just let the wife bring what she needs as most guys would kill to have a wife that joins them fishing or at least lets them go fishing. I to am one that is lucky to have a wife that loves to get out fishing it sure is nice to get out with the family and you never to late to get your first boat.

We also like lots of pics here on the site from your fishing trips so bring the camera if needed Terry ca help edit in the fish :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers Mike

Awesome....well since she's hooked so to speak and the excess luggage seems to be an issue....i'd be taking her to some boat shows to show her some bigger boats with all that neat storage, built in speakers etc...etc :whistling:

In all seriousness though...thats awesome....lucking out on my dream package(although a 12' boat would be the best) for some small bush lakes.....and then finding your wife is the perfect fishing buddy....AWESOME!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't know how lucky you are.

Seems like a more expensive bigger boat is in your future.

That and more rods, reels, lures............................. whistling.gif

Yer gonna be broke by the time yer 60!!!!! laugh.gif

i hear ya drifter. i cant go to sail without dropping a 100bucks or so.where does it end whistling.gif

ive been fishing again for a month and i may have to purge the tb already.....

Sounds like a karma thing to me, Paul. I was invited to the opening of the Brossard store and I still haven't managed to visit. Glad your wife is keen on fishing...makes it a lot easier. The next step will be to teach her how to use the motor (if she doesn't already know)...it's an important safety thing but mostly, it'll also give YOU first crack at the fish being at the front. :thumbsup_anim: