Not the story I wanted to hear

misfish

Very sad.

Police are searching for a four-year-old boy they fear may have drowned in a river in Peterborough, Ont.

Police received a call about a child who disappeared while playing in the Otonabee River near Inverlea Beach at 10:35 a.m. Thursday.

“We’re very hopeful that the boy is still alive and that search efforts do find him alive, but as time goes on obviously that concern grows that perhaps he did drown,” said Staff Sergeant Dan Smith of the Peterborough Lakefield Community Police Service.

Staff Sgt. Smith said people with the boy saw him “go under the water.” The child was with adults at the time.

The Ontario Provincial Police are helping with the search and have sent divers and a helicopter. The Peterborough Fire Department has sent boats. Police are searching both sides of the riverbanks. Paramedics are also on standby.

The incident comes as a recent spate of drownings in Ontario has raised concerns about water safety.

HOPE THEY FIND HIM,,,,

PFD,s,SAVE LIVES :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Edited by BrianB

My condolences to the family..

Parents should not have to bury their children.

But as a wise person told me when I buried my son... God takes the ones he wants at his side regardless of age...

Wow.. my eyes are tearing up.. just thinking of what this family is going through.. knowing I went through it myself.

I hope upon hope the boy is found alive, and I feel for the family involved.

Gerritt.

Not upset at all Brian, I just know the feeling all too well... having been through it... not to mention the OFC'rs that were by my side that had to endure as well...

I honestly feel for the family in all of this... while I have gained acceptance, it was difficult. The realization that I cannot control everything, is a tough pill to swallow..

it took alot of therapy, and time...

at 4 years,3 months, 2 hours or 12 years old... these are still our sons, daughters, cousins, nieces and nephews. They are the innocent.. and the ones taken far too soon..

perhaps I am having a bad day, or perhaps I needed this reminder..

Either way it helped me think of how precious Terrance was.

Thank you for the reminder, and if there is anyway I can helkp this family through my own experience.... I would be certainly willing.

G

Just before I was born (1975) my parents lost a son who would have been my big brother. He was 4 years old and fell down an embankment through a hole in a fence and drown in a river.

My parents separated and divorced 5 years later. I believe they never accepted it and my mother always blamed my father as he was watching the boys (my other brother was 2).

My mother raised us (3 boys with my little brother born in 1977) and pushed us hard through swimming lessons. We all became lifeguards and swimming instructors. I know my mother suffers twice each year on Brent's birthday and on the anniversary of his death.

I have 2 boys 7 years old and a 16 months. It seems no matter how careful we are with them danger is always just aroud the corner.

Gerritt thanks for being so genuine. My thoughts and prayers go out to that family and yours.

These posts always make me extremely sad.

I feel so bad for the losses that all of you have suffered, and badly for people that I don't even know.

Honest, I just don't know what to say, except that everybody everywhere feels for you.

Jim

Some things are simply beyond comprehension and imagination.

I just can't even fathom having to go through something like this and my heart really goes out to all those who have. Kids dying from accidents, severe illnesses, cancer, etc. Just ain't right.

Edited by Rich Clemens

These posts always make me extremely sad.

I feel so bad for the losses that all of you have suffered, and badly for people that I don't even know.

Honest, I just don't know what to say, except that everybody everywhere feels for you.

Jim

It's every parent's worst fear but when it does happen we eventually come to the realization that we've now experienced the worst life has to offer so there's really nothing to be afraid of any more. It doesn't lessen the pain but it makes life simpler I guess. Not a lesson I'd wish on my worst enemy though.

As harsh as it sounds we all help the most by getting past it, easier for us than the family and close friends. I really believe it helps the bereaved to move on themselves.

JF