Elephant Lake Report (pics)

Toddyc20

So I was at Elephant lake lodge this past weekend and I must say we were treated like kings again. It's a great lodge on a great chain of lakes.

We arrived on friday and it was pouring rain. We waited till about 1pm and headed out on the water. Came across a few small 19-22 inch pike but nothing worthy of a picture. At that point we decided to make a move to a shallow weed bed and see if we could get a bucketmouth or two to bite. We landed a few more small pike and a couple of bass.

This was the largest bass of the weekend.

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2974.jpg

On one of the other boats a 30" pike was landed but there was no camera on that boat.

On Saturday and Sunday it was insanely hot and sunny and the fishing was a great deal more difficult. Saturday morning we took a run over to Baptiste to try to find the fish but it was still very difficult to put together a decent pattern. We slowed things down and managed a half dozen more bass and about the same number of pike. Of the fish caught most were on different baits and different colours. My personal best bait was a 1/2oz netbait flippin jig in crawdad colour with a YUM chunk also in crawdad. Flippin the weeds and banks landed a few bass, including the above bass, and even a few pike.

Overall it was a great weekend and a great time. Any time out on the water sure beats time at work.

Anytime. I've had enough people on this site help me out over the years so i figure doing the odd report here and there can allow me to start returning the favour.

I hear ya...I've learned so much things from the people on this site as well, and I wish I could return the favor.

Nice fish!

Not to take away from your post but.... Do you just happen to be a fan of the Mets and the Broncos or is blue and orange just your complementary colour combination of choice? Boise State? NY Islanders?

Nice fish.

Funny you say that. The colour combo is my favorite colour combo but i'm only a fan of the broncos. The mets shirt was a gift from my inlaws. Always seems that i'm wearing those colours when i catch good sized fish.

Thanks for all the kind words. If i remember correctly i placed that fish back in around 2-15 feet of water :whistling:

Nice bass Toddy. We used to joke that were more fish on the walls at Elephant lake lodge than there was left in the lake. Did you hear of any musky or walleye caught by anyone while you were there?

Didn't hear of or even see any muskie or walleye. Every evening there was the usual 5-10 boats across from the lodge where the water drops to 20+ fow. I would imagine with water temps as high as they were (78-81 F) those fish were getting as low and cool as possible.

Great area to fish for sure. Been fishing there for years. Infact I have a tournament there this weekend. Have a cottage there and by far some of the biggest bass I have seen to date in Canada have come out of that region. Still not that heavily pressured. There are a few Muskie in there but they tend to be lucrative and the Walleye are plentifull there if you know where they hide. Sweet lookin Largie

Great area to fish for sure. Been fishing there for years. Infact I have a tournament there this weekend. Have a cottage there and by far some of the biggest bass I have seen to date in Canada have come out of that region. Still not that heavily pressured. There are a few Muskie in there but they tend to be lucrative and the Walleye are plentifull there if you know where they hide. Sweet lookin Largie

2 years ago we got into the muskies on elephant. We managed 3 in one day. Biggest was only 36 inches but I know they are in there. One of the guys managed a decent 30 inch pike this weekend but that was as close to a muskie that we got. I've heard of good lookin walleye coming out of the lake but i've never found them....then again i'm not much of a walleye fisherman.

2 years ago we got into the muskies on elephant. We managed 3 in one day. Biggest was only 36 inches but I know they are in there. One of the guys managed a decent 30 inch pike this weekend but that was as close to a muskie that we got. I've heard of good lookin walleye coming out of the lake but i've never found them....then again i'm not much of a walleye fisherman.

Walked by a few guys there Sunday morning on my way to play nine holes.They were gone when i finished was that your group?

Walked by a few guys there Sunday morning on my way to play nine holes.They were gone when i finished was that your group?

I was on the lake also, did more swimming then fishing since it was so damn hot :)

... probably drove by you one of two time if you were in the upper baptiste area on saturday and sunday.... only managed a couple bass and a pike.... Did have a muskie eat my brand new Scumfrog while tossing accross some lillys... Damn 10$ frogs...

It very well could have been us. We were using fishing off of a bass tracker. We were in cabin 5. The one right beside the driveway.