Where to find belt holster for fishing pliers?

Black_Blade

I picked up a pair of 8" Berkley fishing pliers at walmart, but would like to keep them in a belt holster rather than searching for them amongst the rubble on the bottom of the canoe. Anyone know of a place that sells these things? Or would you need to find a person that could make you a custom sheath? Would rather one made from leather for it would last longer than them cheap fabric jobs that most knives seem to come in now, for got a perfectly good multi tool knife that sits on my dresser cuz the fabric sheath wore out! :wallbash:

Edited by Black Blade

I bought mine at KW surplus in Kitchener. It holds my 12" needlenose pliers, my 8" bolt cutters and my jaw spreader. Look at your local hardware store's tool aisle.

Sounds like a good outfit, you have a brand name of it? I have cruised Home Depot but haven't seen something specific for pliers. I recall seeing a fishing video and one of the guys had a sheath that held two different sizes of pliers, but even doing a google search I haven't seen anything like it, making me think it was a custom made unit.

why not just drill a small hole thru the handle and run a retractable line thru it? the line has a belt clip and if you keep it closer to the back it wont get in the way.

just an idea..

Hmm, that sounds like an interesting idea :good:

I went to Dollarama & bought a duramax belt holder for a tape measure and a pair of pliers fit

fine in it as well as a pair of hemostaps (just slide the pliers/hemostaps through the opening where the

tape measure would clip on) works good for 1.25............

Edited by otter649

We used to make our own using dive weight belt material. Get the lightest gauge available, fold in half and form a belt loop on the back side. Then cut an end piece and fit it onto the opposite side of the belt loop so it can be used as a keeper strap. Use a little bit of the two sided velcro to make a fastener and sew the whole mess together . Works great and costs peanuts to have sewn. I've even used seat belt material although it's kinda slippery.

If anyone's interested I can post some pics of examples.

JF

Here is mine.

holster1.jpg

Can't beat the $.99 price tag. It holds the pliers, cutters and you can see the spreader in behind.

It came in handy today on Pigeon lake to unhook this puppy.

37inch.jpg

It was 37" long and hit my bucktail right after the thunderstorms started.

I'll tell you what Black Blade, if you haven't found one in a week or two, send me a PM and I'll pick one up and mail it up to you. I'll be away at the rental cottage until the end of July. When I get back I'll check my PM's. Send me your address and I'll make sure you have it as soon as possible.

Here is mine.

holster1.jpg

Can't beat the $.99 price tag. It holds the pliers, cutters and you can see the spreader in behind.

It came in handy today on Pigeon lake to unhook this puppy.

37inch.jpg

It was 37" long and hit my bucktail right after the thunderstorms started.

I have the same fish finder, do you use the fish symbols part of it or without it?