Summer of Bass Fishing

Hey OFC! Havent been on in a few days cause where I am there is no internet so a few times a week ill try to get on here at the restaurant and say hello and comment on some posts. Here is a beauty near 5lb Largie I caught last night on a frog, and also a giant bowfin that gave me one heck of a fight in the weeds!

7 1/2lb bowfin :o

ScreenHunter_06Jul041313.jpg

Nice long skinny bass

ScreenHunter_03Jul041312.jpg

And a surprise slop pike haha

ScreenHunter_04Jul041312.jpg

The fishing here has been tough, been trying to find bass shallow under the duckweed all afternoon with only a few 1.5-2lb largies blowing up on frogs. The evening bite in the duckweed is good but still no massive fish mostly 2lb class fish.

Nice fish Mike, bowfin may be not one of the more sought after fish, but they do give a heck of a fight.

More info on them http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowfin buddy got one on the Georgian one time when we were up there pushing 20 pounds, got it in deeper weeds 16-18 feet in an area where he had caught a 31 inch walleye the day before. Disappointment when it wasn`t s bigger wally.

Guest Johnny Bass

Bowfin are great to catch. Geo bay and all bodies of water connected to it are polluted with them. I've caught tons on Simcoe and the holland river.

That is one sweet bass!

lots of bowfin on the rideau system here north of kingston, my biggest is 10 lbs. i got one on a popular rideau lake and an identical twin in the evergl,ades just oustdise of fort lauderdale, awesome fight each time with one of them almost snapping my rod in two, good report man keep em coming

Thanks for the reply's guys. The frog bite was slow these past 2 days but I managed to get them on a spinnerbait. Nothing big but some chunky largies and smallies I caught.

Also nailed this beauty Pike this morning on a snag proof frog! Was awesome to see it hit at the boat :P