Lurker Intro

emjay88

Hello all,

Just thought I would say how much I enjoy reading everyone's reports and looking at their pics. I normally fish for musky and steelhead and everything in between and have recently taken up fly fishing. Here are a few pics from the past few years.

Cheers,

Matt

french musky.jpg

gibson walleye.jpg

brown2.jpg

brown.jpg

algonquin laker.jpg

meaford steel.jpg

laker from shore.jpg

steel.jpg

skeleton smallmouth.jpg

Welcome Matt! How long was that musky????

Unfortunately I didn't get a tape measurer on her before her release but I'm 6'3" and from a rough measurement after where I had her placed while I was removing the hooks, she was between 50-53". She took a perch coloured grandma at midnight in the full moon on the French River, one of the best fights of my life to say the least! We had been trolling up and down a current channel for walleye doing quite well for a few hours when all of a sudden the bite just completely stopped, and we figured there must be a big musky in there spooking the walleye, so I rigged my musky gear and first pass WHAM! and she came right out of the water with a huge jump.

Cheers,

Matt

Thats an awesome story! Congrats on the catch!

Unfortunately I didn't get a tape measurer on her before her release but I'm 6'3" and from a rough measurement after where I had her placed while I was removing the hooks, she was between 50-53". She took a perch coloured grandma at midnight in the full moon on the French River, one of the best fights of my life to say the least! We had been trolling up and down a current channel for walleye doing quite well for a few hours when all of a sudden the bite just completely stopped, and we figured there must be a big musky in there spooking the walleye, so I rigged my musky gear and first pass WHAM! and she came right out of the water with a huge jump.

Cheers,

Matt

Cheers,

Matt

Nice...still looking for my first 'ski, hopefully soon!