Won a trip to La Reserve Beauchene

Larry

Living in Ottawa, we hear about it all the time. It should be the trip of a lifetime! Pick your species than pick primetime.

I've never been myself but every second french language fishing show seems to be taped there.

If you need a translator, I'm your man!

I have fished it spring, summer, and fall, but that was a long time ago. Not sure how much it has changed. I would think a lot of it has to do with what you are fishing for. When I was there smallmouth and lakers were very common followed by walleye and pike. Several of the smaller lakes were loaded with speckles. Fly fishing with poppers on the smallmouth spawning beds was a big attraction but like I said depends what fish you target as to when you want to go. I would call them.

From what I have watched on different television shows, yes even old Henry and Italo did shows from there in years gone by, it seems like a great place. From the costs involved in going there http://www.beauchene.com/ I would think that for them to enjoy success year after year they must be doing something right. I would think if you called them and asked you question directly you would get a straight answer.

Edited by Garyv

I have been several times. Great spot. I would say June or September are the best times. Got a nice 4 1/2 lb small mouth first time there but have pretty much been skunked on bass since.

we troll off a pontoon boat for Pike, Lakers and Walleye.

Dont know if your trip includes food in the lodge or if you can cook yourself. depends on where you are staying. we always eat in the lodge and suggest you dont miss the sugar pie.

Arleen (bob was nice enough to let me use his sign in).

Ive herd so many good things about that reserve, my father went a couple times last summer and he told me numerous stories of catching monsters eyes, lakers and big smallies. HE never went into any of the back lakes for specks but he deffinately passed a couple stories about them. Im heading up there in May this year, the opening weekend, and we're planning to catch some big pike, eyes and specks. I would think thats the best time for numbers.

any suggestions on techniques?

My choice, after just finishing reading an article in Canadian Fly Fisher on Beauchene specks, would be to hit that place as late in September as possible for specks. Bass, lakers and pike you can get many easily accessible places, world class specks you cannot. Take advantage of that.

Hey everybody... Thanks for all the info on my post about Beauchene and when to go. The trip is for three days and it includes everything...Boat,motor,meals guide service and lodging in the White House.

Thanks Everyone........Larry