Hug your parents

danbouck

A reminder to everyone to hug your family members as much as possible. My buddy Josh who you have seen in quite a few reports lost his father unexpectedly last week and received a phone call today saying that his mother has passed away. He is only 22 and I can't even imagine what he is going through.

Very good advice to hug your parents. Often and at every opportunity. When I was a young buck, my Dad was the dopiest dude I knew but somehow, the older I got, the wiser he got. That's likely not the way it really happened but it seemed like it at the time. Yeah, I was a serious rebel and a black sheep for a long time and don't know why Dad ever let me in his house but I saw the light eventually and realised what was really for real. He was a smart guy and he loved me. When he retired and moved here to Elliot Lake, we got real close. We fished together and hunted together just like brothers or best friends. Lost my Dad in 93. Lost my Mom in 03. Got to hug them lots in the later years and I take consolation from that. A lot of you know that I run a karaoke business and one of the best nights I can remember is dancing with Mom and singing her favourite song to her at the same time. It was about a week before she died and the song was "Unchained Melody". Hug your parents and your good friends often.

My sincere condolences, dan and lew.

In the past month or so I lost 2 friends,and almost another childhood friend around christmass time.Really makes you think!All were young as well!

Hug your mother!Give your best friend a hug as well!