Hello Walter!

BillM

Got a nice surprise today while out fishing for pike. Decided that even though the weather wasn't looking the best, I'd take my chances. Glad I did!! The barometer was dropping and the fish were going crazy. I went 15/20 on pike, a few oos bass and this good looking fellow! Hit a slashbait (Rapala XRap XRD-10 in pearl white) in about 14ft of water, weeds at half way up. This lake isn't known for it's walleye population, so this was a real treat.

26in on the tape, he was released to fight another day.

walleye001.jpg

Edited by BillM

You don't hear of to many C&R walleye reports on here anymore :( Glad you released that fish man!

Thanks for sharing,

MTBF

Mike, someone's gotta do it!!! :) I'd like to think at least 99% of my fish are released (sans a few whities from Simcoe and some small chromers from Lake Erie during steelhead season)

I also saw 3 guys in a nice bassboat tossing small body baits at every dock they could find. I'm sure they were fishing for pike... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mike, someone's gotta do it!!! :) I'd like to think at least 99% of my fish are released (sans a few whities from Simcoe and some small chromers from Lake Erie during steelhead season)

I also saw 3 guys in a nice bassboat tossing small body baits at every dock they could find. I'm sure they were fishing for pike... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fishing for sun fish and rock bass no doubt. :whistling:

ps nice fish

Edited by Cudz

Fishing for sun fish and rock bass no doubt. :whistling:

ps nice fish

Would ones opinoions change if they were in a tinny?Just saying!!! :sarcasm:

Unless you know 100% you shouldn't slam guyz in bass boats or anyone for that matter!Just saying!!

Nice walter Bill! I caught 3 over 7 pounds on opener in Quinte.... in my bass boat! :whistling:

Edited by waynechute

Unless you know 100% you shouldn't slam guyz in bass boats or anyone for that matter!Just saying!!

Nice walter Bill! I caught 3 over 7 pounds on opener in Quinte.... in my bass boat! :whistling:

Exactly Wayne. As a matter of fact.. my best Lake Temagami Pike and Pickeral have been caught right beside my own dock! They like eating what hides in the cribs tooooo ...

I don't care if they were in a kayak, tossing docks for 'pike' with 2in bodybaits on the first Saturday in June paints a pretty clear picture :)

Everyone knows where the pike are this time of year, it's really no secret. It's not like they were rubes either, so I can't even buy the excuse that they had no idea what they were doing.

But whatever, everything I saw them catch (none of them were pike) went all back in the lake. The opening/closing of bass season is a debate for another thread :)

Edited by BillM

Were you pitchin docks for those big eyes?

Just sayin.

Were you pitchin docks for those big eyes?

Just sayin.

No but they did come in 4-10 feet of water along the shore line, they were still spawning, and yes i have pitched docks for pike , when site fishing them, my only gripe is that it alway seems to be a guy in a bass boat, maybe they were, maybe they were not!bottom line is no one knows for sure, and if they were then one should have taken the vessel i.d and reported it, i,m all for the regs and conservation, but we all have to effectivly do our part,All i was trying to say or state was that because a guy is in bassboat, doesn't mean he is just fishing bass,

Look me up this summeer if your down here in niagara this summer and the same for you as well Bill, i would love to take you guyz out for some fishing and some arguemntal conversation to help pass the day,

Cheers Wayne! :thumbsup_anim:

No but they did come in 4-10 feet of water along the shore line, they were still spawning, and yes i have pitched docks for pike , when site fishing them, my only gripe is that it alway seems to be a guy in a bass boat, maybe they were, maybe they were not!bottom line is no one knows for sure, and if they were then one should have taken the vessel i.d and reported it, i,m all for the regs and conservation, but we all have to effectivly do our part,All i was trying to say or state was that because a guy is in bassboat, doesn't mean he is just fishing bass,

Look me up this summeer if your down here in niagara this summer and the same for you as well Bill, i would love to take you guyz out for some fishing and some arguemntal conversation to help pass the day,

Cheers Wayne! :thumbsup_anim:

I was out in a bass boat fishing for pike and walleye on Goergian bay. I wish I could say I was successful at catching them but all we caught was oos bass. Bassboat=bass. LoL. just kidding.