Alligator day

Guest Hauki

Guest Hauki

Friday, hot, sunny, and no wind blowing. In the beginning the situation seemed to be the pike fisherman´s hell, but the combination of massive amount of breams spawning, and a load of post spawn starving pikes it was enough to make magic.

After fishing 6 of those crazy breams finally I found the spot where the crock where hunting them. Once there I didn´t have to wait at all, or even move an inch from my location, to have an endless amount of strikes and captures.

The second lunker of the year was one of the first which shallow my glider, a terrible fight for an amazing fish.

p1010497x.jpg

That huge belly was full of unlucky breams, I could´t say how many where shallow by this fellow

After that catch the only pikes which deserved to be mentioned where this 34 inch

dsc00319k.jpg

and this 36 one.

dsc00320a.jpg

They were feeding with frenzy and they attack whatever the lure I put on the other side of the leader, gliders, wobblers, swimbaits, everything was perfect for them.

Finally and when I was up to go home another terrible strike surprised me, no doubt another Baltic alligator was on the hook. After minutes tension and fight it was mine.

p101049801.jpg

And that was all for that day, 7 hours fishing, 10 pikes and 6 breams, and couple of big bad hungry crocks. Nice fishing day definitively.

Guest Johnny Bass

WOW! Monster pike! Very Impressive pike fishery! You should start a fishing guide service! Those are once in a lifetime pike! And I bet they look much bigger close up!

Edited by Johnny Bass

Great looking fish. We have them here, but have to travel 800km or more north to find fish of such quality.

Most here do not realize how much further north you are.

Helsinki is 60"10'N. Moosefactory is only 49"15'N, and closest city in Canada to your latitude is Yellowknife at 62"28'. Great Slave Lake is 61"40'.

Edited by bigugli