Quantum energy pti

ryanheritage

Not for ultra light im getting the mid size 13 oz.... Its the same size as a shimano 2500 series. I just hope its worth it. I had a spirex for a couple years now and its been soooo good to me. I know its not a high end reel but its been a good reliable reel i even have pulled in a coouple carp on it! I also use a shimano citica.I have had it for a bit too. Another great reliable reel.

I have several Quantum spinning reels, and never had a problem. I actually prefer them to my now sold Abu C3s. Until 3 years ago, was the last remaining reel company still manufacturing in the US.

John

I have the Energy PTI size 3 on one of my Muskie rods, and a size 3 Catalyst PTI on the other. (Yes, I use spinning reels for Muskie - hate baitcasters) Both are amazing. I also have a Shimano Stradic 2500, whick was quite a bit more expensive than either of these, and I prefer the Quantum reels. By the way - bass pro shops has a sale on starting next weekend, bring in any used working reel to trade in and you will get a coupon towards a new reel - the more expensive the reel you will buy, the more the coupon is worth... for the Energy PTI I think you will get $25 off for your trade in. (I bought mine at their sale last year doing just this). Have fun! I might be there picking up another Energy myself...

Fisherpete

I have the pti in an Ultralight.... and I dont have a single complaint about it, Hopefully you'll dig yours as much as I dig mine..

Good luck with your purchase!! Mind if I ask how much?

Gerritt.

I am getting the combo with a one peice rod too at BPS total price I think is 199.00 . I am glad that its a good real I have had only one quantum before and I gave it my friend on the water one day when he broke his reel. I had the quantum as a "extra" but he never gave it back.lol ( he doenst even catch fish haha mittzu). Thanks for the input guys. I will be using mine typically for team ten to beat the rest of the teams lol. Im getting a little too edgy waiting for open water.........

I bought a model 20 for $45 at a hock shop and have found it by far to be the best spinning reel that I have ever used. The guy didn't really know what it was and was supprised at how fast I grabbed it off the shelf. It was also loaded with powerpro 20 lbs.

Cheers Jeff

Sweat reel....

Magnetic bail instead of springs.

Bail is made of Titanium making it industructable.

Finish wont scratch.

Most important is the ceramic drag system that is incorperated into the reel(less heat produced on the reel when a fish pulls drag), great for fighting big fish such as steelhead.

Ya got a sweet reel....

Rustic

I've been using one (e20) sicne they came out .

I'v used alot of spinning reels, and this one is by far the best. I am a big fan of Quantum in general, but this is more then just a good looking reel. Woth every penny if you ask me.

I've mainly used mine for bass, walleye and the ocasional pike.

PS. Parts DO scratch, so if you want to keep it pretty dont put it down on rocks or let it bang around in the bottom of the boat like I do...

Edited by mepps