Finally my first Rainbow :)

MCTFisher9120

So for the last three days I have been trying to catch a rainbow trout in the river with no luck...until this afternoon. At first I started fishing spinners around cover with only a few strikes and no fish...then I started fishing a tiny 1/16oz jig with a crappie tube or little mister twister(panfish gear)...had a great hit and miss. I had 6lb braid mainline with a 4lb leader of fluorocarbon...the line snapped at the knot when i set the hook on a solid 14-18" fish.

Well, I knew my presentation was solid I just needed more strenght. So I took my HT ice fishing reel(where i got the 4lb fluoro from) and put it on my spinning rod. Tied on the tube and I went out again after lunch. Just as I arrived I caught a beauty fish...had my hands around it calling for my uncle to bring the camera and his self(went wondering)...then i lost grip and away she went :(.....no luck after that for a hour or so then I managed to get another strike from a fish. Not sure on the length but it was a beautiful strong fish and this taught me lot's about river fishing these past few days but I did what I could and made it work.

Here are the pictures :) :) :)

ScreenHunter_04Apr271558.jpg

I got lucky...the bait was right under the nose haha

ScreenHunter_09Apr271604.jpg

Yes after a long fight with straight 4lb Fluorocarbon and a tiny reel I won the battle

ScreenHunter_01Apr271556.jpg

Well I'm pumped, might try some more later this week...O wait Pike is opening up soon

Thanks for viewing,

MTBF

That's great Mike congrat's!

Try using a tiny black "ant" barrel swivel to connect your braid and fluoro.

No point, I love that little HT ice fishing reel full of 4lb fluoro haha. It was a great fight although I got scared at times I made it happen.

Thanks for the reply,

MTBF